voice coils

question... how do you make a diamond vc?
Theoretically, with enough energy, diamond is just as mailable as aluminum jello or any other element. Physically diamond are extremely hard, and amazing thermal conductors because of the strong Covalent bonds they form.

However, these bonds can be broken and reformed into any required shape, aside from the limits on the bonding of the diamond on the atomic level.

Theoretically, with enough energy, diamond is just as mailable as aluminum jello or any other element. Physically diamond are extremely hard, and amazing thermal conductors because of the strong Covalent bonds they form.
However, these bonds can be broken and reformed into any required shape, aside from the limits on the bonding of the diamond on the atomic level.
I understand that much, my question is how. In theory stuff doesnt really fly with me, I want to know how it would be actually possible to produce enough energy to make a diamond VC. I just dont think we can contain/control that much power... ever

Silvers melting point is 1763.2 °F //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif
yeah so what, whats the glue failer point.... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crazy.gif.c13912c32de98515d3142759a824dae7.gif

I understand that much, my question is how. In theory stuff doesnt really fly with me, I want to know how it would be actually possible to produce enough energy to make a diamond VC. I just dont think we can contain/control that much power... ever
nah sure we can, it would be ridiculously expensive and stupid since it won't work because diamond is an insulator

I use whatever the application calls for //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif Generally for a higher powered driver I pick aluminum and for lower powered either copper or CCAW.
so what would you pick for the HDC318

so what would you pick for the HDC318
Your asking the owner of sundown what he would pick for an Audioque sub? lol wow when i think ive seen it all.

Did you not understand from the conversation though the material copper or aluminum is dependent on the application. Post your application and we will help then

Your asking the owner of sundown what he would pick for an Audioque sub? lol wow when i think ive seen it all.
Did you not understand from the conversation though the material copper or aluminum is dependent on the application. Post your application and we will help then
if i understood i wouldn't keep asking! The question seems simple enough to me, what voice coil would you pick for a a Audioque sub for everyday listening

? what else do you need to know?

So I know the melting temp of silver now //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
go make urself some earings! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

if i understood i wouldn't keep asking! The question seems simple enough to me, what voice coil would you pick for a a Audioque sub for everyday listening? what else do you need to know?
Easy question. the only advantages aluminum has over copper are:

1: aluminum is more pliable.

2: aluminum is less expensive.

3: aluminum lighter.

The last advantage doesn't really matter much because of the relatively small volume of material used in any application.

so if Afro-engineering is your cup-o-tea, go aluminum.

Do it right, go copper.

What something ridiculously expensive that makes heads turn but works amazingly, SILVER! but then again good luck getting people to believe your VC's are solid silver. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

ummmmm copper!

if i understood i wouldn't keep asking! The question seems simple enough to me, what voice coil would you pick for a a Audioque sub for everyday listening? what else do you need to know?
you didnt answer my question when I said to post your application, here I will make it easier for you this way.

If you plan to use 0-1500wrms go copper

If you plan to use 1500-3000wrms go to aluminum

If you plan to go higher, well... you wouldnt have asked these questions lol

im just playing with ya but for real, id just say go copper assuming your not burping the crap outta these subs for comps.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.