voice coils and BL

Well B is the magnetic flux, while L is the number of turns in the flux. So one type of coil material won't have higher BL than another. But one type might allow more current to flow through those turns, which can make a difference.

Typically voice coils are made from either copper or aluminum.

As for silver, IIRC it has properties that make it a poor choice for a conductor. We used to have a chart of different materials on our website that explained the differences, but I don't see it now. If I can find it I can give you a reason why this is true.

Steven Kephart

Adire Audio

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Similar threads

It mostly comes down to weight. You can have a super lightweight cone, soft suspension and aluminum coil on a sub and you pretty much get a pro...
Deff be a disaster and quite a shame blowing a freshly repaired amplifier in a few min.LOL. Id be very upset for sure. id recommend the wiring...
Lower the ohm the thicker the wire. The higher the ohm the thinner the wire but will have more windings. Lower ohm coils have a slight edge when...
2x 4 ohm coils can be wired parallel to 2 ohms or series to 8 ohms. There's many amps with 2 ohm power you can use.

About this thread

somekook

10+ year member
only 15"s
somekook
Daytona Beach, FL
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date