Visonik V900XD vs Hifonics bx1500d

which is the better of the two? they both have the same specs and are around the same price, the hifo about 30 bucks more. i am looking to have two power 2 15" xxx.. What are some opinions on these amps?? thanks
You run into a problem with the Visonik if you are using one amp per sub. The 900XD puts out 1500 @ 2 ohms, and XXX's are dual 2 ohm so you won't be able to get the proper ohm load.

You can get the XXX in DVC 4 ohm for an extra $25 per sub, and then you'd be alright to get the Visonik. And you save $5 over getting the Hifonics, although i must say that i have the bx1500d and i love it. Lots of power also. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

If you want to take the time to have Dave make you a DVC 4 ohm XXX, then you're all good. But if you get the Hifonics you can just get the regular DVC 2 ohm XXX and the Hifonics and be set. Either way it's gonna kick ass!! :thumbsup

I would like to know everyones opinion on this too .. The Visonik is a little cheaper, and has shrouds ... but the HiFonics looks better - but has no shrouds...

maybe if you have a car that would look good with a red amp buy the visonik, if it looks better with silver and blue buy the HiFonics .. lol, that's what I'm thinking.

And.. why would it matter what you're hooking it up to when they have virtually identical stats?

On Visonik's website it says the V900XD is 1500W at 1 ohm ....
Well, that makes all the difference. The place i was at said at 2 ohms. That changes everything now. You can use either amp then. .

And it mattered before because the ohm load on the Visonik wasn't stable with the stats i was given(it said 1500 @ 2 ohms) and the XXX cannot produce a 2 ohm load with the DVC 2 ohm voice coils it comes standard with.

what are u running it to?
Single SI Magnum D2 in a 1.7ft^3 sealed box.

Don't forget that the 900XDs are strappable to 1ohm... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Hi guys, I'm here to completely spam the heck out of this site. You ask what is the best, and I just happen to supply a link to the online car audio site I own that is well overpriced and not authorized for many of the brands. I try and place these links so I don't get caught. Well, you got caught. Nice try, but it won't get by me.

~ Edited by ss3079 on behalf of the CarAudio.com Moderation Staff.
WTF??????????????????????

i currenty right now have a awt15x rated at 3000 w rms, 6000 max ( i dont know how much of that is true but hey who cares //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif..) it is dual 2 ohm vc...

if i bought two v900xd i could strap them together to have them put out 3000 watts at 1 ohm in one signal? what other 1500 watt or so amps are also strapable? i am going to upgrade to two 15" xxx's soon and each sub is going to have their own amp.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.