Visionik amps, any good?

Captain_Ahab
5,000+ posts

BUCK FAMA
Da Dirty Souf
A friend has a big Visionik amp that he is trying to sell. Its 3,000 watts RMS I think, maybe more. Said he would sell it to me for $300...hard for me to pass up that deal.He pulled a 150 with it and 4 Memphis 12"s (not sure what model).

I know the amp works and all but couldn't really find much information on it.

Opinions?

Had 4 of the V900XD's for a while...pushed them hard and they never failed me. Their entry line looks pretty basic, but like I said, I was really happy with the V900's.

Didnt know any of their amps did rated power.
WHAT ? Man do you even know what your talking about ? I've benched more than one model of the visonik class d amps and they will all do very close to there rated power. They dont make a 3000rms amp it has to be the VX4000D.

Definite buy for the $300 price tag then?
No way I can get that much power any cheaper.
Go look on ebay first !!! you can get then for almost that and there new with warranty. The only reason its cheap is they are a older model amplifier when visonik had more factory support. (visonik lost lots of factory support with in the last 3 years because of the world economy.

you need a beefy electrical system to keep up with this amp //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif or it will be toast

Holy crap @ 6 yellowtops.
Can't afford that at all.

i was just thinking a 200 amp alt. Maybe this amp isn't for me.
Im sure your friend is going to tell you its the 4000d model one. Same as the HK4000d..

I have ran my HK on just a stock alt and a couple of good batteries. I did keep the ohm load to the correct specs and higher and the amp did just fine. Now If you plan on running the amp at some crazy low ohm load then no just running a couple of batteries will not help you or stock alt. The amp will fry. Its not built that way.

Keep the amp at 2ohms and higher and it will do just fine. For a very long time.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.