Viper 791XV - What else will I need?

twister
10+ year member

I have a 2003 Dodge Neon and I'm buying a Viper 791XV. Here's what I'm getting so far:

Backup Battery

(3) MINI PIEZO Sirens, 2 Inside, 1 under the hood

Glass Break Sensor

Double Guard Shock Sensor

I know I'll need a bypass module for the transponder key, but I'm not sure where to buy it. I also would like to be able to control the trunk with the Viper remote, my car has factory keyless entry with the trunk button on the remote. What would I need to buy, or would I need to buy anything, to make this work?

I have a problem with cats walking on my car. Would anything that I listed above cause the alarm to go off in the middle of the night if one of them walks on it? If I missed anything that would be important, please let me know. Thanks.

The transponder key bypass is Directed 556C or 556U; you should be able to find either on E-bay or get them from any Directed dealer. You only need them if you have a gray ignition key; black keys don't have the immobilizer.

Make sure the alarm comes with a 451M door lock module; you'll need it for the locks. The 451M comes with the resistors you need for the one-wire locking system. You'll also need a couple small diodes if you want to wire the door trigger so it ignores the dome light delay.

There's nothing in what you listed that will set the alarm off when a cat walks on your car. Your piezo sirens may set off the glass breakage sensor when they do a warning chirp.

The transponder key bypass is Directed 556C or 556U; you should be able to find either on E-bay or get them from any Directed dealer. You only need them if you have a gray ignition key; black keys don't have the immobilizer.
Make sure the alarm comes with a 451M door lock module; you'll need it for the locks. The 451M comes with the resistors you need for the one-wire locking system. You'll also need a couple small diodes if you want to wire the door trigger so it ignores the dome light delay.

There's nothing in what you listed that will set the alarm off when a cat walks on your car. Your piezo sirens may set off the glass breakage sensor when they do a warning chirp.
Alright, I've got the grey ignition key so I went ahead and ordered the key bypass. Would I just need one of the door lock modules to control all the locks? I didn't realize it, but it came with the double guard shock sensor. I'd like to get a motion sensor for the inside of the car and just do away with the glass break sensor. I read in another thread that it's possible to wire the exterior sensor to a 12v switch, that way you can turn it off if needed. Would that be alright or would the interior sensors be so sensitive that they'd detect a cat walking on the car? I'm trying to prevent as many false alarms as I can but keep my car as safe as possible. Thanks.

Alright, I've got the grey ignition key so I went ahead and ordered the key bypass. Would I just need one of the door lock modules to control all the locks? I didn't realize it, but it came with the double guard shock sensor. I'd like to get a motion sensor for the inside of the car and just do away with the glass break sensor. I read in another thread that it's possible to wire the exterior sensor to a 12v switch, that way you can turn it off if needed. Would that be alright or would the interior sensors be so sensitive that they'd detect a cat walking on the car? I'm trying to prevent as many false alarms as I can but keep my car as safe as possible. Thanks.
The 451M relay should be included with Viper 791xv, that's all you need. The proximity sensor (motion) and glass break sensors are all spliced in with the shock sensor. In the manual, there is a way to bypass this using the remote by pressing the arm/lock a number of times. No need to make a switch.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.