Viper 791XV: Remote start; starting by iteself.

Pokémon

SoCal
I've had the Viper 791XV installed for about a year with remote start.

This issue starting occurring tonight when it was auto starting by itself in the garage.

This occurred at 9PM, then again at 1:30AM.

I'm about to disconnect the battery before I hit the sack. My niece was messing the alarm controller tonight, so I'm not if that could or may have caused the problem. I've disconnected the AAA battery to the remote hoping this would fix the issue but apparently not. Unfortunately, I no longer have the manual.

Anyone have this happen to them and have a solution?

Thanks in advance.

there may be a feature on it that starts the car in specified time intervals to warm it up...my alarm has this feature.
if the 2 way remote dose not have a clock on the display, then there is no way to set it up for specified time interval's..

espechially the 791xv.

takeing the batt out of the remote should stop it...

let us know if it keeps doing this..

check for a reset button to press and if there is that should reset all the settings. or go online and try to see if you can find a manual to download for it. maybe on the manufacuturs site

get in the car hit the brake and the lights will flash like 3 times or something. your turbo timer is engaged which starts the car like every 3 hours for 10 minutes. when you hit lock unlock together. nice in the winter

actually it's not technically a turbo timer, per se. It is a timed start feature that is engaged when the lock and unlock buttons are pressed simultaniously, as in the older viper remote starts. On the 550 ESP for example, you would depress l/u to start the car. On the 791, DEI changed the configuration to depress the star ( * ) button twice to start the car. My best guess is this was done to prevent the accidental start in a pocket or a purse. Check your manual or directed.com for an owner's manual to find out how to disable this feature. I don't recall exactly, but you could try the l/u sequence again to disable.

Go outside and start the the truck with the key. It will disable it. You have engaged a start approx every 3 hrs. DO NOT START ANYLONGER WITH Lock&Unlock. Depress * 2x.

This might be the turbo timer, it happend with my old car a couple times too. U must disable it.
Its actually called Timer Mode. One of it's intended purpose is to keep the engine from freezing during a really cold day.

Turbo timer allows the car to idle for a couple minutes after you take the key out.

Wiki:

A turbo timer is a device designed to keep an automotive engine running for a pre-specified period of time in order to automatically execute the cool-down period required to prevent premature turbo wear and failure. After a period of driving when a turbocharger has been working hard, it is important to let the engine run at idle speed for a period of time, allowing the compressor assembly to cool from the lower gas temperatures in both the exhaust and intake tracts. At the same time the lubricating oil from the engine is able to circulate properly so the turbine won't burn the lubricating oil that would otherwise be trapped within the charger with the turbine rotating at high speed. With regard to modern automotive turbochargers, the need for a turbo timer can be eliminated by simply ensuring the car does not produce any 'boost' (during driving) for several minutes prior to the ignition being shut off.

lol... you guys are getting it all confused

there are 3 different modes i can think of that start the car on its own

remote start

winter mode (starts the car any time the temp gets below like 10 degrees)

and timer mode (starts the car at a specified time or at certain intervals)

lol... you guys are getting it all confused

there are 3 different modes i can think of that start the car on its own

remote start

winter mode (starts the car any time the temp gets below like 10 degrees)

and timer mode (starts the car at a specified time or at certain intervals)
Winter mode only applies when the alarm has a thermometer which is not the case with this alarm.

Another use of timer mode could be if you leave your kid in the car on a hot day and need to kick the A/C on for them every 45 minutes or so.

Winter mode only applies when the alarm has a thermometer which is not the case with this alarm.
Another use of timer mode could be if you leave your kid in the car on a hot day and need to kick the A/C on for them every 45 minutes or so.
i would never leave my child in a car alone for any long period of time

buuut.... the car seems to be in timer mode, the OP should just look the manual up online and figure out how to turn it off

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.