Viper 5904 temp sensor question

Participant count
  • Participant list

quebert

I had this installed a few days ago and am curious about the temp sensor. I don't know how accurate I should expect it to be, but I'm under the assumption it should do a pretty decent job. Mine's nowhere near close. I wake up, it's maybe 70 outside, when I check it the remote's saying 110'ish. I took it to the shop that installed it and it said 118, he tested another installer who has the same alarm and his came up 91. It was mid 80's outside so even if that wasn't spot on it was definitely a lot closer. It didn't even feel warm in my car so 118 was crazy off.

It gets pretty warm in So Cal, during the day it was low 90's yesterday and my alarm was reporting anywhere from 138-150. The shop's owner was stumped, he said the temp sensor's built into the brain. The best guess he had was my car's a convertible with a rag top and that was messing up the reading, That doesn't sound logical to me, but I don't know much about these units. They were too busy yesterday to look at it, I'm suppose to take it back tomorrow and they'll "figure it out" but at this point I'm not super confident lol.

Anyone here who has this alarm is you don't mind posting your outside temp and what the remote's reporting? The shop did say they'd get a digital thermometer and see what that says.

I had this installed a few days ago and am curious about the temp sensor. I don't know how accurate I should expect it to be, but I'm under the assumption it should do a pretty decent job. Mine's nowhere near close. I wake up, it's maybe 70 outside, when I check it the remote's saying 110'ish. I took it to the shop that installed it and it said 118, he tested another installer who has the same alarm and his came up 91. It was mid 80's outside so even if that wasn't spot on it was definitely a lot closer. It didn't even feel warm in my car so 118 was crazy off.
It gets pretty warm in So Cal, during the day it was low 90's yesterday and my alarm was reporting anywhere from 138-150. The shop's owner was stumped, he said the temp sensor's built into the brain. The best guess he had was my car's a convertible with a rag top and that was messing up the reading, That doesn't sound logical to me, but I don't know much about these units. They were too busy yesterday to look at it, I'm suppose to take it back tomorrow and they'll "figure it out" but at this point I'm not super confident lol.

Anyone here who has this alarm is you don't mind posting your outside temp and what the remote's reporting? The shop did say they'd get a digital thermometer and see what that says.
The internal thermometer that's built into mostly all of the LE models are entirely inaccurate. For instance I had the old LE model and have a new brain in my car now (updated current brain). it says its 89degF in my car that's in a garage thats probably ~70-75 degrees. it's not quite as off as yours but its not accurate by any means.

The real only use of the thermometer if the smart start purposes (not the phone app but the brain function). smart start automatically starts the car, if the feature is set before u turn of the car, if certain conditions are met (1. below a certain voltage, 2. below a certain temperature, or 3. above a certain temperate). If you don't use that feature, the temp is kind of useless (if it's displayed on ur remote, you can change it to display something else by default).

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.