Viper 5900 Pager not responding?

Participant count
  • Participant list

uEih

Hey everybody i just recently got my viper installed and i heard my alarm go off without it paging me. So i tried to make it page me by trying to turn on the pager by programming it with the button on the back.. tried with it both on and off without it paging me right away. Does it take some time for it to respond to the alarm or is there something wrong or am i missing something? I barely let the alarm go off for 5 seconds as i don't want people looking at me like im trying to break into the car. But it doesn't work and i can't seem to get the pager to page me when it's going off. Everything else is fine, when i arm, disarm, and auto start my car it responds and beeps telling me it did the action. Can someone help me please?

The remote may be out of sink with the alarm brain. Look up in your manual for programing new remotes and follow the directions on how to do this.

Ok so i've tested it out some more, seems like it takes some time for the pager to respond to the alarm system.. About 5 seconds, is this normal? Also.. for some reason my alarm system siren doesn't beep to let me know its locked or unlocked anymore.. When the alarm goes off, the siren doesn't sound at all.. What could be wrong with the siren?

you probably just shut off the siren, while fiddling with the remote.

read through the whole manual! it will tell you how to turn it back on.

and yes, a couple seconds response time is normal.

Hmm i've read through the whole manual and the only thing pretty much is the AUX+ARM one which silents the chirps when arming or disarming but it's also temporary.

I got it installed at my shop.. I should also mention that when i triggered the alarm to check to see if the pager was work, the siren went off for like a second and seemed to just stopped.

The 5 second lag is normal response time for the key fob to have. Check the ground on the siren, most guys will ground the siren under the hood-bad idea-and if it's intermittent, this could be a solution...Other than that, re-program it, preferably with a bitwriter, and go from there.

I was planning to take it back to the shop where they installed it and have them fix it because it has only been a week.. Was making sure it wasn't anything small. So i think ill take it to the shop tomorrow

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.