Vifa, Mypre, MB Quart Active Install!!!!

na_rsx
10+ year member

Incriminator Audio FTW
Well thanks to the help of wettnudel's (Nick) I finally got my **** installed. He did an awesome job, just need to clean up the mids and what not, but onto the pics. System consist of:

JVC KD-AR8500 - 3 way active crossover, time alignment, 5v preouts, dsp, the works you would expect from a high end unit.

Vifa 1" Ceramic Textile tweeters, neo motor, flared

Mpyre 65M mids, neo motor, carbon fiber cone, big

MB Quart DSC4125 125x4 @ 4 ohms rms, really sexy amp with lots of features //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Pics:

IMG_0521-1.jpg

IMG_0523-2.jpg

IMG_0524-2.jpg

IMG_0543-1.jpg

IMG_0544-1.jpg

IMG_0545.jpg

IMG_0546-1.jpg

And a quick video, still needs more tuning, i am learning this headunit little by little lol.

How much were those tweets? Where did you get them?

You running a sub at all? I remember you were trying to sell the IA with little luck......

Kevin

How much were those tweets? Where did you get them?
You running a sub at all? I remember you were trying to sell the IA with little luck......

Kevin
Tweeters were $10 a piece, total shipped was $25 lol, its these bad boys, and they are well worth it!!

http://www.madisound.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=45_229_324&products_id=8354

No sub, finally sold it, as well as everything. If anything, when i learn fiberglass, might do a killer 3 way active up front. Or just get a pair of 8" subs and do a t-line

where u get the mids ?
how u like that headunit
Got them from amartin, and they are amazing, and my doors arent even sealed, thats another project next year, right now i am just enjoying the clarity of this new setup.

HU is awesome, still learning how to use all the features, gonna play with time alignment and see how that works out.

Cool

I've been running an active setup with those mids for a while now. I like the punch they deliver but the midbass just doesn't carry through aswell as I'd like it. Their nice mids though

Good tweets for what you paid. Now just finish out the bottom end of the spectrum and you'll have a very nice sounding car

That's still 3way capable right? Isn't 4way active a 3way fronstage plus sub?
I think he is saying you need a 4 way active head unit to add a dedicated mid-bass, 3 way active is tweeter, woofer, and sub-woofer.

Install looks very nice, get that door sealed as soon as possible, should help out a lot.

Good luck,

Larson

how u like the mbquart amp
its really nice, quality is top notch, and the tuning features are pretty solid. well worth the 136 shipped

I think he is saying you need a 4 way active head unit to add a dedicated mid-bass, 3 way active is tweeter, woofer, and sub-woofer.
Install looks very nice, get that door sealed as soon as possible, should help out a lot.

Good luck,

Larson
Will do, right now i am happy but we will see how long that lasts!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.