Project ZZ

scottyfkachris
10+ year member

Im starting a new project for my zx2. I was hezitate to start the build log because i know its going to take a long time because im only working on it on the weekends. But last weekend i got the whole interior ripped out to start the custom fab work and then do some damp pro and spectrum and then today while figuring out placement of the speakers i ran into a lil delima. Which ill explain more later.

As for whats going into it I have...

Front stage

Active 3 way component setup containing

4 6 1/2" whip audio mid ranges

2 earthquake screamer tweets

2 8" fosgate p2's for mid bass

all controlled by the ma audio ma30eqx or maybe an audiocontrol I still need to get that.

Rear stage

passive 2 way component setup containing

2 6 1/2" Koda6 Mark II

2 MB Quartz tweets

2 MB Quartz crossovers

Subwoofer

Custom fiberglass 4th order bandpass enclosure containing

1 15" Crossfire BMF

Being powered by...

5 amps

front tweets- kicker kx200.2

front midrange- Aura Force 400-q-A

midbass- JBL GTO 601.1 II

rear stage- JBL BP 150.1

sub- Crossfire BMF 1000D

and signals from an alpine flip out IVA-D900

And yes this system will have proper wiring. Im running 2 runs of 1/0 from the front to the 3 rear batts (small genesis NP18-12BFR basically kenetik 600's), 4 gauge to all the amps, 8 gauge to the subs, 12 or 10 gauge to the mids, and 16 gauge to the tweets.

As for the damplifier im going with damplifier pro everywhere. just one layer. Then a layer of spectrum sludge on top of all that but the roof and trunk lid and then a layer of spectrum sludge under the cars floorboards.

Everything is going to be stealth installed and look semi-stock you wont know its not factory unless you have a good eye and know the car.

Ill shut up for now for pics

The car

mycar.jpg

Interior before

zzbuild020.jpg

zzbuild021.jpg

first system engine bay fuse placement

zzbuild023.jpg

trunk all out

zzbuild019.jpg

now everything but the seats and dash

zzbuild024.jpg

zzbuild025.jpg

As for my delima I dont know where i should mount my 8" midbass subs. There are 2 holes that they will work in with minor tweeking. on is in the doors right next to your lower hip when your sitting or i can put them in the back where the foam pad is (the circled part) but that is kinda high and would be really close to your head if you recline a lil past how i sit and at about chest shoulder level of the back seat.

subplacement.jpg

Im thinkin just go with in the door but some outside advice doesnt hurt.

This is what my first system was before i decided to do a whole custom big system. just a nice little budget system.

I had 6 1/2 eclipse 3way coax in the front and 5x7 kenwood 2way coax in the rear and 2 10 mtx 200watt in a custom fiberglass face ported sub box in the trunk. I do go pretty big on the deck tho. Jensen flip out with all the acc. but i just wasnt happy with the laggyness of the gps and other acc. Here are some pics of the first setup.

oldsystem.jpg

Deck

P1090654.jpg

subs (the box was no where near complete when this was taken)

P1090655.jpg

coax's

oldcoax.jpg

Equipment is pretty good

But IMO, there's a few things that need to be done to the car.

I think you should take out the inner most front lights and do something to change that horrid faded looking stock bulb color, either led or another HID kit

Take the orange filament out of the turn signals out by the turn signals in the headlights

add a lil tint, it looks like an aquarium //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

The interior looks yuck. I think the interior in my old 89 towncar was better.

looks like a good project, hope you've got the funds and the passion to make it good.

Equipment is pretty good
But IMO, there's a few things that need to be done to the car.

I think you should take out the inner most front lights and do something to change that horrid faded looking stock bulb color, either led or another HID kit

Take the orange filament out of the turn signals out by the turn signals in the headlights

add a lil tint, it looks like an aquarium //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

The interior looks yuck. I think the interior in my old 89 towncar was better.

looks like a good project, hope you've got the funds and the passion to make it good.
ya i have some ideas for the outside. I already have some 35 tint on the windows and i might be getting some new seats that are kinda racing kinda stock looking. but its a great dd car with just over 160000 and everythings origonal but the power steering that i just replaced.

Just a little update. havent done much work on it. did a lil over the weekend just finished taking off the factory damplifier but i was down in vancouver and oregon doing some work. I installed some SS Pro on the floorboard, trunk bottom, and a little on the doors on a Mazda 6. My dad only wanted to cut down on road noise so we only put it on the floors and left overs on the doors in spots. But they LOVE it, its my step moms car and she said it noticably cuts down on the road noise and makes the music (stock bose system) really rich. "This stuff really works!" Then i insalled a dash mount sirius in a 93 infinity J30. never seen a harder car to get one little wire tucked into the trunk for the antenea. Their gas tank is right behind the back seat instead of under the car so it takes away like half the trunk.

I have been ordering some stuff and its been coming. i got a little bit of 1/0, volt meter, spectrum, and my Knu batt terms. im still waiting on my screamers and new seats (front and back) to come in the mail. this weekend i hope to get the doors all fabed up so i can start on the SS.

nice.
can't wait to see this finished.

gotta meet up when its done.
this man right here is known to jack peeps cars //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif

jkjk haha

Nice should be a fun little install here! let us know how those batts hold up

lol nice one. ya no there are alot of "tools" on this forum but its all good cuz when im done with my car its done the way I want it and I love it so thats all that counts. but anyways back on track i might be getting some of the doors ready but i dont know cuz im prob. goin down to vancouver again this weekend.

Got most the stuff ive bought it the mail. im still waiting on my new seats and add on nav. I dont think ill be able to work on my car this weekend, im leaveing to go down to vancouver tommarrow for the day atleast n then might go to the car show on sunday but time for some more pics of equipment.

heres one of my car today at the car toys tent sale pre car show party.

rearend.jpg

newmail.jpg

5 gallons of spectrum. ish is heavy

spectrum.jpg

some loose wiring and volt meters

wire.jpg

batt terms and tweets

termsntweets.jpg

size of new screamer tweets. They are HUGE

screamers.jpg

Got some stuff in the mail yesterday. My add on GPS unit with some extra goodies. Tomarrow im picking up a 2nd z that i might end up swapping all the stuff into that car dont know yet. might just do it show status wont know till i later though. And im getting my new seats. heres some pics of the new stuff.

gpsacc.jpg

GPS

GPS.jpg

New Screen

65screen.jpg

Bonus rear cam

camera.jpg

pics of the spare car and new seats will be coming in the next couple days.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.