Very tech literate, car audio not so much

Participant count
  • Participant list

hawki

So I'm looking for a deck to out on a boat. Doesn't need to be a marine deck as it will be inside the cabin.

I want a deck with the following if possible

built in SiriusXM tuner (unless there's such a thing as a SiriusXM tuner inside or included with an external antenna)

the possibility of ONE antenna for SiriusXM/am/FM (HD radio would be a bonus)

I'd like something with the ability to use the present for SiriusXM, am, FM, HD radio. I guess I don't see the need to switch to AM or PM or Sat (for example) then select the present. Not sure why this isn't a common feature and OEM decks for vehicles have it.

I hope this makes sense and someone could get me on a path to help my brother. Thanks in advance.

SiriusXM is always an add-on box sold separately. Unless this boat is going to be staying quite close to radio stations, your brother probably needs a mast style antenna to have any chance of receiving a variety of radio stations. SiriusMX antennas are typically a small puck with a magnetic or adhesive mounting option. Have you checked with any boat outfitter stores?

So I'm looking for a deck to out on a boat. Doesn't need to be a marine deck as it will be inside the cabin.
I want a deck with the following if possible

built in SiriusXM tuner (unless there's such a thing as a SiriusXM tuner inside or included with an external antenna)

the possibility of ONE antenna for SiriusXM/am/FM (HD radio would be a bonus)

I'd like something with the ability to use the present for SiriusXM, am, FM, HD radio. I guess I don't see the need to switch to AM or PM or Sat (for example) then select the present. Not sure why this isn't a common feature and OEM decks for vehicles have it.

I hope this makes sense and someone could get me on a path to help my brother. Thanks in advance.
you are better off using spotify premium bluetooth than sirius xm which is overpriced and overrated and requires WAY too much effort on your part to set things up so it works properly.

I appreciate the suggestions - however this would be for a marine vessel - cellular service isnt something that readily available in many locations.

So is there no decks that allow for this memory function? Its available in many oem decks - so im not sure why it would be available in manufacturers decks - the memory preset function is the one im most asfter - push memory 1 - its an AM station, memory 2 is XM station, memory 3 is AM station, memory is FM station, memory HDRadio station, etc, etc WITHOUT having to change the band to select a preset memory.

I appreciate the suggestions - however this would be for a marine vessel - cellular service isnt something that readily available in many locations.
So is there no decks that allow for this memory function? Its available in many oem decks - so im not sure why it would be available in manufacturers decks - the memory preset function is the one im most asfter - push memory 1 - its an AM station, memory 2 is XM station, memory 3 is AM station, memory is FM station, memory HDRadio station, etc, etc WITHOUT having to change the band to select a preset memory.
Someone should chime in with some suggestions eventually. I don't use satellite radio at all so I couldn't even tell you if the head unit I use has it. I think as someone else has said it's falling out of favor as people switch to various smart phone based custom radio options.

The reason dealerships/car/boat manufacturers install them stock is likely because Sirrus etc. give them a residual on people who renew the subscription after the trial period or possibly just give them the hardware hoping people use the service and pay.... anyway, I'd bet dollars to donuts it's profit related.

With spotify premium you can download everything pre set on your phone for offline mode not needing any connection. You can search up entire artist albums and download it all at once and there's also the option for 320kps extreme quality downloads. Its not as much hassle as you think it would be. Can build several hours of music playback within 30 mins or so.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.