Very aggrevated

Maybe the pots on the amp are corroded. While the system is turned off, spray some Deoxit Fader F5 on the pots. Then fiddle with the gains...moving them back and forth and returning them to previous settings. See if this clears the problem. Just a suggestion. If that works, let us know.

Ran some new RCAs from walmart and it didnt help. Speaker still cuts in and out . It like plays at half volume it should be playing at once turned up it goes back and forth from full volume and half volume and cuts in and out. At this point im ready to take videos of this and literally paypal somebody to help me lmao I am over it.
I had somewhat the same problem with my HCCA bass amp. I broke off one of the RCAs in the jack and it gave my subs a loud bass hum and cut the power in half. I took apart the amp and got it out, pulled off an RCA from my home stereo connected it up to the amp and it did the same thing. I bought a pair of RCAs from Walmart and it did the same thing again. I took it up to the shop who installed it. They ran some tests and hooked up a better brand of RCAs and it worked fine. Turns out the previous RCAs either didn't give it enough signal or the ones from Walmart didn't clamp onto the jacks tight enough for a proper signal.

I had somewhat the same problem with my HCCA bass amp. I broke off one of the RCAs in the jack and it gave my subs a loud bass hum and cut the power in half. I took apart the amp and got it out, pulled off an RCA from my home stereo connected it up to the amp and it did the same thing. I bought a pair of RCAs from Walmart and it did the same thing again. I took it up to the shop who installed it. They ran some tests and hooked up a better brand of RCAs and it worked fine. Turns out the previous RCAs either didn't give it enough signal or the ones from Walmart didn't clamp onto the jacks tight enough for a proper signal.
ive noticed that car audio RCA's have better shielding for the most part. If you buy high end home RCA's, theyll have proper shielding and maybe even a twisted pair, but its not terribly common to see those in home AV cables. Thats not even mentioning the barrel connector quality. Monsters barrels have splits in them, the sidewall metal is thick, and the slits are even sometimes angled to enhance the grip on the RCA terminal. Great ends, good cables, pricey as hell LOL

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.