Very aggrevated

stay_high
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Florida
There is something that keeps causing me to blow speakers. Im running ct neo 6.5 mids and sb acoustic tweets active on a ppi 900.4 and 80 prs. I blew some silver flutes and attributed it me over powering them. Well I hooked these up and set the gains real conservativly. mids HPF at 200 hz and LPF at 4k. Well for some reason the right mid always blows. It still works but like the sound cuts in and out. It be a constant ch ch farting mudding sound then ill hit a bump and it will sound normal for a few seconds and then go right back to sounding muddy and distorted. I ran all new speaker wire and re-grounded the amp before i put these in.

Why does the right door mid keep doing this? It was the same with the silver flutes, worked and sounded great for a couple weeks then the right mid started sounding muddy/distorted once past quarter volume until I hit a bump or something and it would cut back in to sounding perfectly normal for a bit. Connections are secure. Is that channel on my amp bad? Is my HU bad? I dont get it im frustrated.

sound like something broke.. really easiest thing to do is swap amp see if that fixes it., if not at least u know it aint amp., make sure rcas or speakers wire not missing any insulation and touching metal somewhere., i assume u ran rcas down opposite side of car than power wire.

Hey man thanks for the reply, Its the RCAS or HU for sure i just found out. Went outside and muted every speaker from the HU except the problem mid. I then slid out the HU and slightly jiggled the RCAS for the mids while music was playing and it caused the sound to cut in and out of distortion. So I guess ill run and get some new RCAs to run and hope its just that and not the RCA outs on the HU. Cuz I bought that unit brand new like a year ago.

Hey man thanks for the reply, Its the RCAS or HU for sure i just found out. Went outside and muted every speaker from the HU except the problem mid. I then slid out the HU and slightly jiggled the RCAS for the mids while music was playing and it caused the sound to cut in and out of distortion. So I guess ill run and get some new RCAs to run and hope its just that and not the RCA outs on the HU. Cuz I bought that unit brand new like a year ago.
yeah hope thats it cheapest fix., at stereo shop i worked at we used to run $3 over the seats to test and ended up using those over expensive ones all the time.

yeah hope thats it cheapest fix., at stereo shop i worked at we used to run $3 over the seats to test and ended up using those over expensive ones all the time.
Ran some new RCAs from walmart and it didnt help. Speaker still cuts in and out . It like plays at half volume it should be playing at once turned up it goes back and forth from full volume and half volume and cuts in and out. At this point im ready to take videos of this and literally paypal somebody to help me lmao I am over it.

[quote name='stay_high']It has to be. **** pioneer ima get a cz 702 lol should have never sold my old one for the 80prs. Hopefully the speaker isnt to far gone[/QUOTE]

Nothing wrong with Pioneer....they're one of the few remaining companies still in business today that started car audio. Unless it was a cheapie HU. Btw, I have that same Clarion CZ702 in my s10. @Jeffdachef loves them!!

Ok. Well. This just made my problem that much more confusing. I bypassed the HU and ran a RCA to headphone jack from the amp RCA to my iphone and played music. At first the speaker still made the same sound. But after a lil bit it sounded perfect on every channel of the amp. I have no idea. I guess ill just drive around listening to just the mids running off the headphone jack and see if it does it again... If it stays sounding good then I guess its the HU.

Ok. Well. This just made my problem that much more confusing. I bypassed the HU and ran a RCA to headphone jack from the amp RCA to my iphone and played music. At first the speaker still made the same sound. But after a lil bit it sounded perfect on every channel of the amp. I have no idea. I guess ill just drive around listening to just the mids running off the headphone jack and see if it does it again... If it stays sounding good then I guess its the HU.
if it did it once its a wiring issue not a head unit issue.

if it did it once its a wiring issue not a head unit issue.
It did it again and won't stop Idk what to do tho. I ran new speaker wire when I put it in the door... unless the speaker is just already screwed up.

Swap the speaker wiring between the left and right speakers at the amp. If the problem stays on the same side, it is either the speaker or the speaker wire.

If the problem moves to the other side, it's the amp, rca's or head unit.

Swap the speaker wiring between the left and right speakers at the amp. If the problem stays on the same side, it is either the speaker or the speaker wire.If the problem moves to the other side, it's the amp, rca's or head unit.
Hey ok! Lol so I toke off the door panel took out the 6.5 and got new wire and hooked it up right next to the amp with like a foot of speaker wire. The speaker works completely fine on every channel. However, on the channel it was originally on, right when I hook it up to that channel the speaker makes 4 or 5 "pop" sounds that are just barely audible. It still sounds fine on that channel after the pops but it Doesn't do it on any other channel. So that channel of the Amp is fucked right? I really hope it is to be honest this has been a major headache for a VERY long time and I would love to purchase a new amp and hear it working great and not have to worry about it.

It did it again and won't stop Idk what to do tho. I ran new speaker wire when I put it in the door... unless the speaker is just already screwed up.
It happened with my jbl ms62c mid. The tinsel lead was separating from the cone. Came on and off at its liesure.

on the channel where that happened, have you tried swapping the RCAs to see if its still happening on the same channel?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.