Vehicle damaged from vibration?

sleazebagger
10+ year member

nobody!!!
Madison, WI
I know you guys have built and owned tons of car audio. What kind of damage does a car/truck endure after a year or more of heavy bass over 150 db?

My dad told me today that he didn't want my truck when I sell it because of his belief that the integrity of the body and electrical would be compromised from "all that **** bass" as he put it. LOL

What the consensus?

Can loosen seals, increase rattles, but the structural integrity shouldn't be adversely affected in any major way.

Unless you have enough pressure to start cracking your firewall or bend hinges, you should be okay for the most part.

As far as the electrical aspect, a fresh battery and a new stock alt, remove excess audio-related wires, and you're fine.

i shook a few screws out of my center console compartment. Then again it was a truck that had been wheeled across 5 long distance desert race courses and that was BEFORE I WHEELED IT lol //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif. In all seriousness though i cant think of any way it really affects your vehicles integrity i can see why he would think that though.

150 plus db is not where i think you are at because your asking this question. i have 145 and yes things loosen up but you would not be able to hear the rattles unless there is bass. nothing would really happen with lower end systems

my windows have blown out about 3 times now.
/ craigslist ad............
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

Can loosen seals' date=' increase rattles, but the structural integrity shouldn't be adversely affected in any major way.
Unless you have enough pressure to start cracking your firewall or bend hinges, you should be okay for the most part.

As far as the electrical aspect, a fresh battery and a new stock alt, remove excess audio-related wires, and you're fine.[/quote']

This.

Loose screws are the worst when they're hiding in my dash and I cannot find this one to save my life //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

150 plus db is not where i think you are at because your asking this question. i have 145 and yes things loosen up but you would not be able to hear the rattles unless there is bass. nothing would really happen with lower end systems
No, I'm pretty sure I have never even heard 150 being that I've never even been to a competition, but I hope to get there soon.

Loose screws are the worst when they're hiding in my dash and I cannot find this one to save my life //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif
I am going to kill you if you dont find those screws.

Jeez, must start to get expensive. **** is like Steve Meade, Brah.
ruined my laugh i had earlier. that joke was like negative laugh. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.