Using your Stock Head Unit?

Participant count
  • Participant list

dthor68
10+ year member

I have a 2008 Honda CRV EX-L. When I first purchased the truck, last year, I replaced the HU with the cheap Pioneer FH-X820BS. I want to put the stock unit back in to get all of the bells and whistles back.

1. I have purchased (2) Axxess AX-MLOC725 and a Metra reverse wire harness that fits directly to the stock unit. I just learned that my truck has a separate amp located in the lower part of the dash. The amp I am using is a 4 channel Soundstream REF. I am wanting to use the Soundstream to push front speakers in channels 1/2 and use 3/4 bridged for the sub. I am wanting to power rear door speakers from the Honda amp. The LOC's will handle up to 150 watts. I have no idea of how many watts the Honda amp has, doubt it is over 50 watts. Should I install the LOC's before or after honda amp? If I install before honda amp I only get front and rear speaker control from Soundstream amp. If I install after, I get front, rear and sub control. Also, being that I am using honda amp to power rear speakers, I would have to install LOC's after honda amp. Am I thinking this through the right way? Problem is they dont make a harness for the honda amp, meaning I would have to splice wires, which I am sure they are short and tight.

What would be the best way to do this with what I have?

2. Main reason I got the Pioneer is for that USB hookup. I love being able to hook up Ipod directly, aux *****! I just noticed that my CRV has two USB ports in center console. Are these ports for power only or can they be used to play music through Ipod? Being that it is a 2008 model I am guessing they are power only.

3. My Pioneer is rated at 2 volts output, does anyone know what my stock head unit is rated at? The unit is a 39541-SWA-A020-M1, I am pretty sure it is made by Alpine. No mention of volts on tag.

4. Does anyone know what Honda amp is rated at? I have found some wire diagrams for a couple units not sure yet which one it is.

Appreciate any help,

Derek

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.