Using stock head unit

Participant count
  • Participant list

Neostar63
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
I realize that I can use a LOC to get the outputs that I need to run an amp and everything. As of right now I am satisfied with my stock headunit in my 05 silverado. I was wondering is there a way to create an input though? Say I wanted to create a car computer and needed an input. Would some sort of aftermarket IPOD adapter give me the input I need?

maybe, most newer vehicles that i have seen have an auxilary button on the deck, that usually runs the cd player or changer or other feature, if there is not though you could run an fm modulator, not as great sound quality but it will work for you

If that will connect to your vehicle's harness correctly, maybe. Obviously "for" the ipod, but looks like it's got the standard rca inputs on it as well. My guess is if it fits your hardness, it should work regardless of the output source.

yeah i understand that much. I am just curious as to how that then becomes accessed through the user controls. Like how i hit source and it goes through xm, fm1, fm2, am, cd. Where would that device get accessed from.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.