using an oscope

Participant count
  • Participant list

outsideshot23
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
OKC
this is probably a dumb question on a site full of trolls.. but do youy leave your speaker leads hooked up or disconnect them when testing amps... and if your amps are strapped do you probe pos on master and neg on slave?? and if so then how do you measure the gain?? turn them simultaneously??? thanks

Do not have speakers hooked up, as the gain is just for matching the voltage output of the h/u to the amplifier. The gain on the master amp controls both, and also the master is where you hook up the RCAs from h/u. Power wire to master and ground wire to slave as far as I have ever seen.

i know how to hook them up.. and i have a maxx link so i dont run any rcas from the Hu to the amps.. just wondering about probing and if you turn the master to control both or need to adjust both

As I stated above the gain on the master amp controls both...That is one of the huge benefits of stramping the amps rather then having to match the gains on the amps seperately if not strapped.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.