Why Brand And Size Capacitor Should I Use.....

klassik
10+ year member

Here's My Setup:

Yellow Top Optimum Battery

db6501 Polk Audio Component Speakers FR & RR Doors

JL Audio Slash v2 Series 300/4v2

JL Audio 10W6v2

JL Audio JX1000/1

Plz Help Me Out So I Can Have Good Power Available All The Time While I Drive And BLAST My System

A cap could help until you get a high output alternator which will permanently fix your voltage problems. But for what a huge cap costs you may as well just buy the alternator...A "1 farad cap" is a paper weight..Rockford Fosgate makes a nice 16v 100 farad cap, runs about $600...Buy a HO alternator..lol.

For the price of a cap you're much better off buying/getting a second battery and/or a high output alt.

Have you done the big 3 in 0Ga wire?

Caps are useless, everyone here will tell you that.

What size wire are you using ATM?

Cap= waste of money

What's your stock alt put out?

Do the big 3 in 1/0 and get a nice battery. Check your voltage with car running system turned off, should be between 13.8 and 14.5 volts. Then turn your system on turn it up, measure your voltage again at your amps and as long as you're not dropping below ~12.5 you should be just fine

Do not buy a cap. As said above any cap even worth mentioning will cost so much its ridiculous. Any "normal" sized cap doesn't store enough energy to be useful.

Buy another battery instead, or a bigger alt.

yea my uncle got dooped into buying an alternator and his kenwood system was rated at about probly 700wrms in a small newer sentra, i forgot what kind of cap it was but it was something like a 3.0F and everytime he'd hit a long deep note it would hit pretty good for half the note, but it would cut out until it charged up again...probly like a 1/4 second or so.

he regreted it. and i never thought about them again

yea my uncle got dooped into buying an CAP and his kenwood system was rated at about probly 700wrms in a small newer sentra, i forgot what kind of cap it was but it was something like a 3.0F and everytime he'd hit a long deep note it would hit pretty good for half the note, but it would cut out until it charged up again...probly like a 1/4 second or so.

he regreted it. and i never thought about them again

For the price of a cap you're much better off buying/getting a second battery and/or a high output alt.Have you done the big 3 in 0Ga wire?

Caps are useless, everyone here will tell you that.

What size wire are you using ATM?
Well It's Not In The Car YET But Looking For Advice b4 I go Out And Spend The Money But Like Most Of You Say Don't Send The Money On A Cap. What Do You Suggest I Use As Far As Cables That Won't Burn Out My Electrical System Or Cause Any Havoc

Cap= waste of moneyWhat's your stock alt put out?

Do the big 3 in 1/0 and get a nice battery. Check your voltage with car running system turned off, should be between 13.8 and 14.5 volts. Then turn your system on turn it up, measure your voltage again at your amps and as long as you're not dropping below ~12.5 you should be just fine
THANK YOU VERY MUCH I'll Definitely Look Into That And Get Bck 2 U W/ The Results

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.