Using an ib3 15 in a ported or sealed enclosure!

Participant count
  • Participant list
Yeah sadly I only have one... I did an infinite baffle on my friend 626. Wasn't that impressed want to get something louder going but with the same sub.

unless the install was bad sealed wont' be any louder than IB. Sealed just takes more power for the same SPL since the enclosure makes it less effecient since it's smaller. Hoewever, if your seal between front and backwave was bad, then sealed can sometimes give you small gains. Ported will be louder, but response will be peaky and box sizes will be a little strange. Perhaps a 4th order? I'd have to model it.

I don't see how it could be a bad seal. Made it to fit pretty snug and there was no lack of silicone sealant put on there. I always go overboard with the sealant. So then what are my options?

Would a ported enclosure with a supper low tunning work?

unless the install was bad sealed wont' be any louder than IB. Sealed just takes more power for the same SPL since the enclosure makes it less effecient since it's smaller. Hoewever, if your seal between front and backwave was bad, then sealed can sometimes give you small gains. Ported will be louder, but response will be peaky and box sizes will be a little strange. Perhaps a 4th order? I'd have to model it.
If you could model up a 4th order It would be greatly appricated

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.