using alts for diff vehicles on custom setup?

Participant count
  • Participant list

plexlove

Senior VIP Member
missouri
Ive researched this exstensivly and cant find but onenperson ever doing it so just thought id ask.

I already have 2 300amp alts i bought of ebay for 220 each...at the time almost 2yrs ago i asked about them on several forums only to get bitched at by all the high end nuthuggers who said it was impossible, i was an idiot, they would do anywhere near that and they would go out fast....well 2yrs later they both are still running strong and both do rated on load and both idle at 150ish. So just wanted to throw that out there before everyone starts saying this is impossible because its not, these run just as strong as the mechmans i had in my old yukon except they cost 800 less!

With that being said, im going to be upgrading very soon and i know oem alts do rated for a fact(the guy on ebay who sold these passed) so i got a local alt shop who can get me some 120 amp alts oem brand new for 100 each. They r for a ford i believe. So what i was thinking i could get 2 of those and build a 4 alt bracket(For those who have something to say about the bracket, i was told i wouldnt be able to do that as well and i did....scrap angle iron, 1hr and 6bucks later i had a dual alt bracket!) So what my question is...can u mix and match alts?

They all charge the same voltage, they will have the same pully, so i dont see a problem....1 will be dedicated to truck power the 2 300amp one and 1 120 would go to only the batt bank. So i would think the only thing i would need to do is wire them up and should be good to go correct?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.