USB stick vs USB Phone

Participant count
  • Participants list

GenY

CarAudio.com Recruit
USA
Can anyone tell the difference? I can swear theres a difference especially when the subs hit. The subs seem to hit harder with the USB stick,
Is the quality suppose to be the same when using USB phone compared to the USB stick? I play Amazon music in HD/Ultra HD when using phone. My files on my USB stick are mostly flac. I'm wondering maybe the Amazon player is bringing down the quality or something. I have all EQ settings the same for both modes on the head unit.

I also set my amp gain using a flac test tone with my USB stick. Should I reset my gain using a test tone on the phone? Or would that even matter?

Last edited:
Can anyone tell the difference? I can swear theres a difference especially when the subs hit. The subs seem to hit harder with the USB stick,
Is the quality suppose to be the same when using USB phone compared to the USB stick? I play Amazon music in HD/Ultra HD when using phone. My files on my USB stick are mostly flac. I'm wondering maybe the Amazon player is bringing down the quality or something. I have all EQ settings the same for both modes on the head unit.

I also set my amp gain using a flac test tone with my USB stick. Should I reset my gain using a test tone on the phone? Or would that even matter?

Your phone probably throttles the bit rate. You know, like songs are 128, 256. When I rip **** off youtube, I download them in 320. Any kind of internet service is probably going to be way lower quality.

I like the USB flash drive and solid-state hard drive. They hold lots of music and pulling them to record new music is not a hassle for me. I never got into playing music from my phone, as Sirius XM Radio is my source for current music.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.