USB: Folders not dispalying in alphabetical/numerical order?

radckh

CO
I installed a new Pioneer DEH-P8400BT in my Civic recently and put 12GB of music on a 16GB USB thumb drive organized like this:

Artist1

01 - Album1
01 Song1

02 Song2

02 - Album2
01 Song1

02 Song2

Artist2

etc....

But the Artists don't all display alphabetically - most of them do, but definitely not all.

And the Albums within each Artist do not display in numerical order - they are completely random.

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/furious.gif.fc81ca146dbff91fede3ed290dbc4f4c.gif

Is this normal for all brands when using USB?

Has anyone else seen this? And more importantly, does anyone know a work around for this issue?

Thanks,

Rob

My old Pioneer head unit read the USB drive perfectly...everything in alphabetical order, and played the songs in order. My new one does not...it basically reads the folders in the order they were copied onto the USB drive, and then plays the songs alphabetically. I wanted to smash it with a friggin' hammer. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif. I solved the problem by deleting everything on the drive, and then recopying it over to the USB. Now, since the folders were all created on the same day/time, they're alphabetical. Of course, if/when I put anything new on that drive, it'll be down at the bottom of the list.

There is another thing involved, but I'll have to wait until I get home to look at my head unit to be able to describe it so it makes sense.

That's normal. It's how the FAT filesystem works. Use this program to sort alphabetically.
echo $title_for_layout; ?> - Fenux.Net
Dude you are the ******* man! This little program works perfectly and hella fast! Cool thing is, once you have all your problem folders figured out you just uncheck the sub folders option and let it scan the whole drive to flip the artists alphabetically every time you add a new artist. You saved my sanity bruh, big thanks.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.