Not open for further replies.

mclerico83
5,000+ posts

CarAudio.com Veteran
tampa
Item(s) for Sale:

VL-400

Item(s) Description/Condition:

Scratches bumps. Original feet are missing on wires side.

2 x 100W @ 4 ohms

2 x 200W @ 2 ohms

2 x 400W @ 1 ohm

2 x 600W @ ½ ohm

1 x 1200W @ 1 ohm bridged @ 12 volts

THD @ 4 ohms:

S/N Ratio: 115dB

Damping Factor: >1000

Fuse: External 225A

Price:

500 shipped

Shipping and Miscellaneous Item Information:

included

Item Pictures:

(List pictures in this section, 1st picture should be your username/date if you have less than 10 positive feedbacks with the i-Trader system or less than 10 references that you have sold to in the past. (These must be listed in your signature, or a link provided to a feedback thread listing these references)).

hey i think 350 bucks is wayyyy to high of a price for an old 1200 watt amp. maybe ten years ago you couldve got that price. yes I know that amp has a really low thd compared to most amps of today but its still an old amp that puts out 1200 or so watts.. considering those caps have a 10-15 year life who knows how long this amp will work before it has to be fixed? I think most people would rather have a 1500 watt brand new sundown over ur amp reason i used sundown as an example is bc thats comparable to the price u were asking. i do hope u sell it but im just telling u this bc i think u have unrealistic expectations on ur amps value. good luck with the sale though

hey i think 350 bucks is wayyyy to high of a price for an old 1200 watt amp. maybe ten years ago you couldve got that price. yes I know that amp has a really low thd compared to most amps of today but its still an old amp that puts out 1200 or so watts.. considering those caps have a 10-15 year life who knows how long this amp will work before it has to be fixed? I think most people would rather have a 1500 watt brand new sundown over ur amp reason i used sundown as an example is bc thats comparable to the price u were asking. i do hope u sell it but im just telling u this bc i think u have unrealistic expectations on ur amps value. good luck with the sale though
Before running your mouth, not to get into it with you, but I've been in car audio since the 90's. Those are some rare amps and can be found by simple searching. Have you seen the prices on ebay? It could be considered collectible item, to the right buyer. An o/s amp in prestine condition depending upon model # can fetch for 100's of dollars. US Amps was FL made, back then they were among some of the best amps made, I wouldn't doubt it if they were under rated.

First off, don't compare a sundown to this. The only thing they have in common may be sale price and that they amplify a signal.

This amp is easily worth the asking price and is a beauty.

Think of it like a Classic car, the price is going to go up as it ages and becomes more rare. Sundown is everywhere, this is not.

Considering one sold a few weeks ago on eBay for 670. They are getting harder to find. If it doesn't sell this weekend I'll hold onto it until tax season comes. I'll probably get more on eBay.

10 years ago you would of paid 3 times the price. 1 dollar a watt.
1f4da900ea471c1c43b0b9a8ad5949f9.jpg

Sent from my 2PYB2 using Tapatalk

4bb3e33d40f1a0fd2644b0a286015382.jpg

Before running your mouth, not to get into it with you, but I've been in car audio since the 90's. Those are some rare amps and can be found by simple searching. Have you seen the prices on ebay? It could be considered collectible item, to the right buyer. An o/s amp in prestine condition depending upon model # can fetch for 100's of dollars. US Amps was FL made, back then they were among some of the best amps made, I wouldn't doubt it if they were under rated.
u say not to get into it with u then say right before that"before running ur mouth" wow... listen i dont need a history lesson on us amps. i had one, they arent bad amps, i never said they were. i just said he was asking too much money for an antique of an amp. amps are not classic cars they are amps, with capacitors in them that have a very short life. yes they were underrated and another then u said that was right was ''BACK THEN they were among some of the best.'' this isnt back then, it is now. i dont get the big deal by giving dude a reality check and saying what hes asking was too much. am i not allowed to have an opinion. also if u think its so great why dont u buy it? i did say i wish home luck on his sale. i wasnt talking ****. hopefully he does find that one idiot to pay wayyyy to much for this amp. instead of getting into it with yall lets let the free market tell us what this amp is worth. plain and simple.

idgaf what people list stuff for, its what they sell for
Those are sold prices. It's quality over cheap power. Overseas parts Vs American and Japanese parts. If you want cheap power you go sundown. Sundown is not the end all be all. Call mmats.

http://linearpower.com/LP2250.html

Call linear power

Call zed audio ask for a minataur 699 for 1200 watts.

http://store.soundsolutionsaudio.com/products/zed-audio-minotaur-mono-block-amplifier.html

There are different levels of audio high middle low

Sundown would be in the middle.

idgaf what people list stuff for, its what they sell for
Do you not see the bids. That's what they sell for. Youre comparing us amps to sundown. Thawed like sundown being compared to audiopipe. I can buy an ap3k for half the price. Why would I buy the sundown. If you didn't like the price of the amp then don't say anything. To be honest I may have to go over to diyma and sell this. Everyone here seems to like cheap power and cookie cutter subs.

The main thing you miss is these amps are collected. No one is collecting new amps like sundown now. Also this amp now and when it was made was like no other. Sundown and DC and the rest are all almost the same. Older stuff is built really well and has a big following. Depending on if I was to collect or use would determine if I'd buy this amp over a new amp. I've been around long enough to see one new company come out with their pro audio drivers....and I've also been around long enough to have seen that same company getting caught selling those pro audio drivers for a premium and they ended up being boss or Pyle with a different badge. This us amp is awesome hands down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...