UPS Shipping Carnage

That ***** bad. Been there and done that with rigid shipping crates. With that motor, there is simply no way to mount that basket rigid like that and have them live. The bottom plate will flex too much under load and then all the weight is on the basket... which wont take that. This is why we use a crate with foam compressing the speaker...On the brighter side of things... if you need a basket or other soft parts to get that one going, let me know and Ill gladly help the cause.
and the foam works great too! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Man that REALLY *****....Ive been lucky with UPS and Fedex...these horror stories make me worried //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif
me too, i have ordered my whole system on line and not one bad thing :knocks on wood:

UPS lost my W10GTi within one day after I shipped it with them. Finally about 4 weeks later they found it. I went to pick it up cuz I was tired of dealing with it and when I moved the box I heard a loud cling. So we looked inside. The entire cone and vc came off from the magnet. The magnet was rolling around in the box. They almost didn't pay me but I finally got my money.

what subs are those?

x3

Thats the worst carnage ive seen. That sub is really destroyed //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/eek.gif.771b7a90cf45cabdc554ff1121c21c4a.gif//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/furious.gif.fc81ca146dbff91fede3ed290dbc4f4c.gif

I was suprised to see no foam or plastic in the crate

The subs are my new Shocker Sig 12"s. The crate was great, there just needed to be foam. Any shock/jolt is transfered to the subs as is. I don't know if foam would have prevented this though. Being dropped on the cone side and screwed down into the middle piece of wood. The motor wanted to push forward when it fell probabaly, but the screws wouldn't let it, so it snapped the basket off and stabbed it through the surround. That's my best guess anywho. Hopefully Shocker will take care of me.

Take a look at this :

showimage.php

post those pics on http://www.unitedpackagesmashers.com/?page=newsroom.php

alot of UPS employee's are on that site and they might help ya out

x3
Thats the worst carnage ive seen. That sub is really destroyed //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/eek.gif.771b7a90cf45cabdc554ff1121c21c4a.gif//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/furious.gif.fc81ca146dbff91fede3ed290dbc4f4c.gif

I was suprised to see no foam or plastic in the crate
WTF?! I'd be pissed... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/mad.gif.c18f003ab0ef8a0d9c27ca78d77a6392.gif AND noo platic? No pe-nutz? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif Nothing....

NEVER peanuts... those are the worst for a speaker... they turn to dust and get in the gap. If you are shipping a tweeter, maybe. But anything with the slightest heft to it, dont use them. Had to do plenty of recones on subs that didnt need a full recone until it got packed with peanuts in the polevent, gap, everywhere...

NEVER peanuts... those are the worst for a speaker... they turn to dust and get in the gap. If you are shipping a tweeter, maybe. But anything with the slightest heft to it, dont use them. Had to do plenty of recones on subs that didnt need a full recone until it got packed with peanuts in the polevent, gap, everywhere...
wont bagging the subs eliminate that problem though?

Yes, itll eliminate them getting into the motor... but not the fact that they turn to dust and are useless in packing a sub. They settle and let the sub shift all around.

And that doesnt even touch on my personal vendetta against them for making a huge f'ing mess in the warehouse.

Id say 4 out of 5 times when I get a sub back, it does have a bag... maybe even higher than that. Oh, and I have seen some creative and rather nasty ways people pack their subs to send them back. Pillows with some nasty stains all over them... couch cushions that have who knows what crusted on them... bath towels that smell like they just got pulled out of the gym locker for the first time that semester... and the list goes on...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.