UPS + Retard Packer vs. Rockford T2 15"

I've got to make sure shipper put insurance on the sub.
Where do I need to go to file a claim? Never had to do it.. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif
UPS and Fedex dont have insurance like you can buy thru USPS.. You state the value of the package and then anything over $100 they add money to the total shipping cost for the extra coverage and thats it. Then when you file a claim you make a claim for the covered value and cross your fingers.

I've got to make sure shipper put insurance on the sub.
Where do I need to go to file a claim? Never had to do it.. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif
Unfortunately the person who shipped it needs to file a claim. Not really anything you can do except give them the pics of how it arrived.

UPS and Fedex dont have insurance like you can buy thru USPS.. You state the value of the package and thats it.
ahh, well hopefully I can get in contact with this kid..

If I get a new sub, I'll have to ship this one out, right?

I know it's messed up and everything but I couldn't help but chuckle a little. WTF is wrong with people.

This....wow, man wow, sorry to see that. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

Nothing you can really do, but that is one f'ed up sub- could sand down the metal parts to make it a little better. But whenever I ship out subs or get them from someone i make sure the bottom has a piece of plywood glued to the bottom of the box to prevent breakthru..and if peanuts are going around sub, I will wrap the sub up with bubble wrap and bag that sucker..but in this case peanuts cant save a 25+ lb sub..had no chance here.

This is the reason I wont buy subs from people on-line. You never know how they are going to package it.

Also if the shipper would have packaged right, it proly would have been cheaper for materials. Those peanuts are not cheap.

This....wow, man wow, sorry to see that. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif
Hopefully it gets resolved w/no issues.

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/nutkick.gif.acc8dcd6c1bd27fba0cbeda5b212085c.gif

Nothing you can really do, but that is one f'ed up sub- could sand down the metal parts to make it a little better. But whenever I ship out subs or get them from someone i make sure the bottom has a piece of plywood glued to the bottom of the box to prevent breakthru..and if peanuts are going around sub, I will wrap the sub up with bubble wrap and bag that sucker..but in this case peanuts cant save a 25+ lb sub..had no chance here.
For what he paid to have it shipped through UPS, he could have bought a box, pool noodles & everything for around the same price. Then just had UPS ship out.

But instead, he cheaped it.. had them package & ship it.

Failure.

Thanks for your help man.

This is the reason I wont buy subs from people on-line. You never know how they are going to package it.
Also if the shipper would have packaged right, it proly would have been cheaper for materials. Those peanuts are not cheap.
Well see.. USUALLY, I will buy from someone on here, or another forum & have them take pictures of packaging before shipping if I'm having a sub or something heavy sent to me..

In this instance, it wasn't someone I was dealing with directly. My friend Cory who the install was for was dealing with him. I had no control over packaging.. & he just gave him too much credit. Assumed he'd pack it right.. well, not the case. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

lol. I said the same in the post above. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

if he paid for a ups store to pack it and ship. then he should be covered by there pack and ship promise? if so you just got to hope that he said it was worth more then the 100 they start with. http://www.theupsstore.com/psp/index.html
I mean, I know the T2's retail for well over $400..

I'd hope he was that smart to tell them that.

Not cool bro.....not cool
Agreed. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

J31Rob

5,000+ posts
CarTune Netwerk
J31Rob
Indiana
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date