UPS= Bad shipper!!!!!

I was the shipper. I really don't care who knows. Here is the story...

I traded my 9518g for his 9512e's (all subs were blown) I paid shipping on the e's and he paid shipping for the g. I did not have the original packaging for the g so I said I would pay for packaging as I didn't have a box big enough handy. I took it to the ups store and they packed it up in the back and came out and charged be $75 for packaging and shipping. I guess shame on me for thinking people who pack boxes all day would have any idea of how to..... i dunno pack a box. Anyways once I woke up this morning and read my pms I saw the damage and called ups to file a claim. The damaged motor will be picked up tomorrow for inspection and will be sent back to me. I will use the insurance money to send the motor in to DD for reallignment to which I already have an RA number for since I called DD this morning as well for a quote. In the mean time while I wait for the motor to come back I will be shipping a replacement motor to Chris once I get word that the damaged motor has been picked up by ups. Anyone who has any questions can contact me directly.

I was the shipper. I really don't care who knows. Here is the story...
I traded my 9518g for his 9512e's (all subs were blown) I paid shipping on the e's and he paid shipping for the g. I did not have the original packaging for the g so I said I would pay for packaging as I didn't have a box big enough handy. I took it to the ups store and they packed it up in the back and came out and charged be $75 for packaging and shipping. I guess shame on me for thinking people who pack boxes all day would have any idea of how to..... i dunno pack a box. Anyways once I woke up this morning and read my pms I saw the damage and called ups to file a claim. The damaged motor will be picked up tomorrow for inspection and will be sent back to me. I will use the insurance money to send the motor in to DD for reallignment to which I already have an RA number for since I called DD this morning as well for a quote. In the mean time while I wait for the motor to come back I will be shipping a replacement motor to Chris once I get word that the damaged motor has been picked up by ups. Anyone who has any questions can contact me directly.
Wow, UPS packs people's boxes? They charge for packing tape here. And they aint packing **** here.

Wow, UPS packs people's boxes? They charge for packing tape here. And they aint packing **** here.
UPS stores will pack items for you. It's much easier to get money from a damage claim if UPS is the one who improperly packs it. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

They can't blame the shipper for bad packaging and deny the claim since they are the ones who packed and shipped it.

UPS stores will pack items for you. It's much easier to get money from a damage claim if UPS is the one who improperly packs it. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
They can't blame the shipper for bad packaging and deny the claim since they are the ones who packed and shipped it.
those lazy skanks at mine have been getting over. Thet never even offer to pack my stuff. I go down in my building to get a box and the will sell you one, but never did they offer. next time I'm gonna ask them if they could pack it for me.

But I was always told that anything of value shipped through UPS is supposed to be able to survive a 6-8 foot drop.

woofercooker is a good guy everything will get worked out,.
X 6578806 AA++ Mike is a good guy. I have bought many things from him, and he is one of the top sellers on my list. UPS ***** FYI

Chris

Update for all who are interested. The damaged motor was picked up this morning and I shipped out a replacement this morning as well. Once that arrives safely this will be resolved and I will deal with ups/dd for fix the damaged motor myself.

I'd hate to say it but I blame this on the seller itself. When I pack things up I make sure to pack them so that they could survive a hurricane. I just assume they will drop it, kick it, play soccer with it. But then again I worked shipping and receiving for years so maybe I'm just anal about packing.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

DDSC

10+ year member
Wang-aholic
DDSC
Jackson, MI
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies