UPS= Bad shipper!!!!!

Sounds like everything is getting resolved as well as it could be in this situation. ***** though with packaging how they want to refuse insurance if you packaged it yourself yet they package it in such a manner that its nearly guaranteed to be DOA. I guess you get to take a pick on which risk you want. There is a local store in my town that is a generic shipping office, however they use all the major shippers, seems to work out better than the UPS or FedEx stores, I bring in my stuff packaged up but not sealed and they inspect it and then say its good and will ship it with insurance.

Sounds like everything is getting resolved as well as it could be in this situation. ***** though with packaging how they want to refuse insurance if you packaged it yourself yet they package it in such a manner that its nearly guaranteed to be DOA. I guess you get to take a pick on which risk you want. There is a local store in my town that is a generic shipping office, however they use all the major shippers, seems to work out better than the UPS or FedEx stores, I bring in my stuff packaged up but not sealed and they inspect it and then say its good and will ship it with insurance.
Thats how I sent my 2 blown 9512's to him, they were in the orignal boxes and then he put both in side a larger box and taped around the box several times, there was about 2in above the origanal boxes that he filled with peanuts

ive seen far worse packing jobs that somehow have made it. i dont think woofercooker is to blame exactly. i say that because of seeing UPS push my subs out the door of the truck onto my driveway then hand them to me like it never happened.

seems like a stand up guy especially since he is already taking steps to repair and correct the problem

Update for all who are interested. The damaged motor was picked up this morning and I shipped out a replacement this morning as well. Once that arrives safely this will be resolved and I will deal with ups/dd for fix the damaged motor myself.
he speakes the truth, motors supposed to be here tommarow, hopefully it arrives without and bulletholes or burn marks on it

UPS store called me today about the damaged package so I went down to check it out.

ddbox.jpg

I insured the package to cover any repair costs from worst case damage that it would need. The motor is shifted in 2 places and I am told that the package was so obviously mishandled by UPS that they are not only paying me for the insurance but they are covering the total replacement cost of a brand new woofer. I hope that replacement motor makes it in less than 3 pieces

I just got off the phone with DD to describe the extra damages that I couldnt see in the pictures and they said that the motor is not worth fixing... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif oh well.

UPS store called me today about the damaged package so I went down to check it out.
ddbox.jpg

I insured the package to cover any repair costs from worst case damage that it would need. The motor is shifted in 2 places and I am told that the package was so obviously mishandled by UPS that they are not only paying me for the insurance but they are covering the total replacement cost of a brand new woofer. I hope that replacement motor makes it in less than 3 pieces
holy sht. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/eek.gif.771b7a90cf45cabdc554ff1121c21c4a.gif

oh yes, it got here real secure, so they are giving you the amount for a new woofer, dang they should have messed up mine like that so i could have gotten mine replaced

ddbox.jpg

thats twice as worse as it was when it got to my door

I realize this and I will let you guys know how everything works out but Im going to wait till the books finished before I read it and give a review but the bottom line is that UPS packaged the item and I know this for a fact because I saw the recepit. If you package items everyday why cant you figure out and tell the customer hey this box is too big and you dont have enough bubble wrap. The guy that I last shipped something with did.
It seems to me that they gave him a way larger box to up the shipping charges and the cost to fill it with peanuts but that still dosnt excuse him from letting them do it

if ups packaged it then its they have no choice but to honor their insurance.

Man that box is f*cked up. Reminds me of the part on pet detective with jim carry as he is delivering, or should i say punting, the fragile box to the guys apartment.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

DDSC

10+ year member
Wang-aholic
DDSC
Jackson, MI
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies