Upgrading, will this setup work?

Participant count
  • Participant list
First post on the forums and I must say y'all have a wealth of knowledge and have been a great help to me. However I had a question I wanted to run past you guys.

Right now I am upgrading my system and have read through the forums and heard really good things about the Sundown E V2 10". The reason I am upgrading is because the subwoofer I have now, JL w0v3 10", is not very good and really falls off on the lows when I turn it a bit. I mainly listen to rap and edm. I am trying to keep my current wedge box, which is roughly 1.25 ft^3 sealed, and trying to keep around the $250-300 price point. The amp I was looking at is the Rockford Fosgate R500X1D Prime.

Was curious if this was a good setup and if it would accomplish was I am looking for and be good for the money. Still relatively new to this and would appreciate any feedback. I can also list the exact measurements of the box if anyone is interested.

Thanks in advance!

that box is to big for a sealed 10" and for $250-$300 you can get something WAY better than that RF amp

---------- Post added at 03:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:36 PM ----------

what kind of car or truck is this in and what are the boxes exact dimensions? you might be able to put a 3" aero port for that 10" sub

Okay, I actually calculated the volume myself and I could be totally off. The specs are:

Width: 18-3/4"

Height: 12-3/8"

Depth: 11-1/4"

Second Depth: 7-1/8"

The car is a 2011 Kia Sportage so it is a smaller SUV with an open trunk.

I'd prefer to stay around the $250 side if possible but the $300 was just for extra reassurance.

Thanks for the quick response.

thats outside specs? if so that box is .84^3

.73^3 after sub displacement still a little on the big side for a 10" sealed as they recommend .5 sealed on the sundown website.

the $250 is for the amp alone right?

Yes thats the outside specs, not entirely sure how thick the wood that they used to make it is. Okay awesome thanks, no I would need to purchase the sub as well as the amp with that money. All I currently have is the box with my old sub and amp still in it. The amp I have now is a JX 250/1 which I know wouldn't work if I went with this sub.

Correct I already have everything wired up. Great thanks I appreciate the help, looks solid to me. Once I get my next paycheck I'll go ahead and place the order.

Thanks!

If anyone else has a different opinion on anything I'd love to hear from more people to hear their thoughts too.

Is it worth getting a whole new set up then? The reason I want to try and keep this box is because the angle on the back of it lines up perfectly with the angle on the back of my seat so I am able to push it back and get a little bit more room in my trunk. I'll have to look around but not sure if I am going to be able to find a pre-fab box that would fit similar and I was trying to keep this on some what of a budget.

But I haven't heard first hand what a ported 10" sounds like, only 2 12's that my bud has. So I could be missing out on a bit, thoughts?

Ported makes a big difference. You would do well with a custom ported box. You can make one or get one made with an angled back. A new sub and amp wouldn't hurt though.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.