Upgrading to 5000w RMS

A second battery. What size alt?

5000w / 80% efficiency = 6,250w / 14.4v = 434 amps.

I COULD BE WRONG: but don't expect a single battery to be able to handle a 400+ amp draw AND your vehicle.

Last edited:
Trying to figure out what more I need to upgrade in my cars electrical/charging system as to not brick my car.
I drive smaller car, 2008 Civic. I've already done the big 3, HO alt, and have a 112 Ah xs power battery on the way. Am I missing anything else?
Don’t brick your car; body work and paint are expensive! What you have, generally speaking, sounds adequate.

I COULD BE WRONG: but don't expect a single battery to be able to handle a 400+ amp draw AND your vehicle.
Pretty sure he's got the 2nd current source covered i.e, "a 112 Ah xs power battery on the way".

Don’t brick your car; body work and paint are expensive! What you have, generally speaking, sounds adequate. Additionally, assuming you're adding the XS to the existing system, unless the primary battery and the XS are the same type (L/A to AGM not so much an issue) but if it’s a Lithium ion XS and a non Lithium primary, you need to put a battery isolator in the mix.

320amp alt, decided to just stick with 1 zv6 15. got my regular battery + 100ah agm
That's one way to read that. They didn't say if they plan on replacing or adding.
sorry, I added a 112ah battery on top of my regular one up front, I decided to just stick with 1 zv5 15 instead of 2. Just currently trying to work out the tuning kinks. getting way too many high notes along with the bass.

Last edited:
What size alternator?

Lithium is the answer to that. :cool:
I've been wondering about that. What is the advantage of getting a $800 50ah lithium bank vs a $300 100ah AGM die hard battery?
What size alternator?

Lithium is the answer to that. :cool:
I've been wondering about that. What is the advantage of getting a $800 50ah lithium bank vs a $300 100ah AGM die hard battery?

40AH of Yinlong would be enough.( Depending on your charging voltage) I ran 40AH of Yinlong lithium in my TC with a 320 amp alt on a 5k and my voltage didn't really drop at all from 15.8.

Advantage is is super small, wayyy lighter, the discharge rate is much much higher than any AGM battery, and they will last years longer than AGM.

$65 for buss bars/end bars, $400 for 40ah of Yinlong cells, and $32 for a Heltec 6s balancer.

These are really getting popular for those that want a drop in battery and charge under 14.8 volts.

Last edited:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...