Upgrading Stock Speakers

Participant count
  • Participant list

Nick2

CarAudio.com Newbie
Hey all,I have a 2015 Fiat 500 and I'm working on replacing the stock stereo system. I was initially working with the Infinity Reference 6532ex speakers for the front, and after replacing the stock set with those, I only noticed a 10-20% increase in performance from the stock speakers. The Infinity's were also very bright, and had basically now low end. While that may be the characteristics of the speaker, I could not imagine such a small increase in performance from switching out the stock set that came with the car. Could the stock head unit be the culprit in limiting the true sound quality coming from the speakers? I also tested Morel Maximo 5s and there was also not much of an increase in the performance, they were awfully quiet, which is understandable for a 5 1/4 speaker. 

What I want is a speaker set that produces accurate sound, does not have boosts in the highs or lows, and is undeniably clear.

Yes could be the stock headunit but also it is power and sound deadening. Aftermarket speakers require more power to come alive. You should do some research into sounddeadening and get some CLD and Soundskins rings.

Harsh tweeters are common on lowend speakers. The Morel Maximo 5 would be a better set than the Infinity's as for the tweeter harshness. They are quieter because they are 4 ohm compared to the 3 ohm of the infinity's and also sensitivity is higher on the Infinity's.. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.