upgrading my amp

AYEmike

OC
hey guys, quick question, i currently have a icbm-779 performance teknique 1200 watts two channel and i was wondering if i upgrade to the hifonics brz1200.1d would it hit my single 12" type r? its dual 4 ohm but wired to 2 ohm. thx in advanced.

what would you recommend ?
The Brutus series has been revamped and actually split into two lines, the BRZ1200D and the new and improved BRE1100D I have used the older (5+ yrs old) Brutus BXI1205D. I loved that amp, never heated up and pushed the crap out of 2 15's.

The new Zeus 1000 specs a lot like the old Brutus BXI and about the same price, but I have not put my hands on one yet.(same for the Gladiator line)

I seen reports of the BRZ having reliability issues, but this could be due to user error as well.

The BRE specs like the older BXI too, but runs about $100 more.

You have to understand too that 1000's of the Hifonics are sold vs 100's of a similar competitor, therefore it would make sense to hear of a few more issues due to the sheer # of them being used.

As far as getting sheer power close to rated, I feel comfortable saying "Go For It!"

are u just going to run 1 sub ever?, i would suggest getting bigger amp since you are doing 2ohm on this sub and prepare when you upgrade for another sub so u dont have to replace your amp when u get another sub ie 1700 jsut throttle down the gain

right so you suggest the 17001.d model? because i do plan on running another 12" down the line . . . anyone know a cheap site to get the brz1700.1d with promo codes?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.