brz1200 or apsm1500

From personal experience with a Hifonics brz1700, I can say that you honestly don't want this amp. It's not very efficient and I just here recently sent it back due to disapointment. I wish you the best in your amp hunt but I say stay away from Hifonics.

MB Quart is owned by the same company that owns Hifonics, correct me if I'm wrong on that statement. But if you want to stay in the 150$ price range, then maybe the MB Quart 1500 is a good option. But I agree with CAT MAN... The BRZs aren't what they should have been.

I have very recently owned both of these amps. Actually still have the BRZ1200 . Either one of these is going to be more than enough power for the sub you want to run. In my opinion the brz is a little bit better sounding amp and is probably a bit better in build quality . Seems to me like the brz is more of a current hog than the apsm though. For the price they are both decent amps and you will find fans and haters of both. I would venture to guess the hifonics may have an edge in long term reliability due to the fact that is has a much larger heatsink to wick heat away from the output and power supply mosfets. I personally don't really dislike either one of these amps. They won't compete with any of the high quality stuff but if used as intended they should do just fine for most people. Having used both I would save myself a couple bucks and probably get the apsm .

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

_dontaskwhy

10+ year member
_dontaskwhy
Moncks Corner, SC
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from