upgrading front speakers need help

will be getting a 4 channel amp soon. was looking around and found some crescendos pwx6.5" i was gonna pair these with Crescendo Audio FT1 tweeters any thoughts on this ?
For amp, get the PPI P900.4. Don't let the price fool you, I use this amp and my car sounds like a concert. A VERY loud concert. As great sounding as I'd ever thought I'd need.

Precision Power PPI P900.4 Phantom 4-Channel Amplifier

For the 6.5's, I would look for classifieds of people selling component sets, and offer to buy just the woofers and crossovers. Or if you'll go active with the PPI P900.4, and your head unit is good for active, get some pro audio 6.5's (NOT tweeters) or maybe some car audio 6.5" woofers that can be bought separately from a comp set.

For tweeters, just buy some fairly small sized ones off parts express or madisound. This site:

Zaph|Audio

compares most of the tweeters sold on madisound. The best value ones that are reasonable size for car audio are:

SB Acoustics SB29RDC

Vifa XT25SC90

Seas 27TFFNCG and 27TAFNCG

Seas 25TFFN

SB Acoustics SB26STCN-C000-4 - I have this one. I have the $400+ Hertz HSK-165 component set, which has a very good reputation. Replaced the tweets with these (because the Hert'z HT 25 tweets couldn't handle the power I wanted to give them) and to my surprise it's actually a noticeable improvement. Only $35 each.

The Madisound Speaker Store

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.