Upgrading C3 Corvette system--am I missing anything?

Participant count
  • Participant list
Nah 50 mil is fine for the doors and what not. That alone will make a big difference if you want to go 80 mil it will work better but will cost more is all. Go through amazon or eBay for it as that is about best 2 places to find it at a good price.

Also that kit is fine and you can also get it at other places like eBay right now if you have an account is running an extra 8% eBay bucks back  ON EVERYTHING you buy there for another 44 hours so you will get quite a bit back in a couple months to spend it on other stuff :)

https://www.ebay.com/itm/KnuKonceptz-TRUE-4-Gauge-Kolossus-Fleks-4-Channel-OFC-Amp-Installation-Kit/391437287060?epid=1102221260&hash=item5b237afe94:g:aNEAAOSw~IFbvjtf:sc:USPSPriority!54112!US!-1

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Kilmat-80-mil-36-sqft-Car-Sound-Deadening-Mat-Sound-Deadener-Material-insulation/253546026761?epid=936856408&hash=item3b08855709:g:HhQAAOSwlndZMsrJ:sc:USPSPriority!54112!US!-1

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Kilmat-50-mil-25-Butyl-Auto-Car-Sound-Deadening-Mat-Deadener-Material-Insulation/333054220863?epid=20021013664&hash=item4d8b941a3f:g:taIAAOSwMpFcWEKP

Also there is another 4 gauge 4 channel kit from Knukonceptz on eBay as well for cheaper and has everything that other kit has except instead of integrated 4 channel rca's it has 2 separate 2 channel rca's which will do the same thing

https://www.ebay.com/itm/KnuKonceptz-TRUE-4-Gauge-4-Channel-Kolossus-OFC-Amp-Installation-Wiring-Kit/390675795868?epid=1102220828&hash=item5af6178f9c:g:ehsAAOSwAO9ZXwaI:sc:USPSPriority!54112!US!-1

Also I have another option for your speaker wire. If you are going to run speaker wire to your LOC or DSP like Jeff has suggested then get stinger speed-wire! It has all 4 speaker wire in one bundle and will work a lot better then trying to run 4 separate speaker wire runs as you don't need more then 16/18 gauge wire for a 4 channel amp. It is also cheap a well 21 bucks for a 20 foot roll with all the speaker wire you need inside one bundle! Stuff works great I used it on my install and it without it I would have had to run separate wires for each speaker which would have really made it hard running the wire. It is not like you are running 400 watts to each speaker!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/20-FT-18-AWG-Gauge-9-Conductor-Speed-Wire-Speaker-Trailer-Copper-Stranded-Cable/361501729354?hash=item542b2ea24a:g:dtEAAOSwll1W1hR4

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice thing though is with eBay running that right now you will definitely get some decent cash back to use on other toys for the car. Plus he can go with other kits as long as they are OFC or quality welding wire like you suggested above. When I worked at a Mack dealership we got something we installed that came with 30 feet of 1/0 welding cable and it wasn't need, I took that home and used it in the install I was working on at that point, stuff works great for power/ground.

Problem is rca's, you are going to pay for half-way decent rca's. Seen too many people go all out on the amplifier kits then cheap out on the rca's. Plus with the time you factor in shipping he might be close to what a kit will cost. Best thing for him to do is price it out and see what he can come up with. Either way it is good he is going 4 gauge he covers himself and will be able to add more onto the system down the line if he wants to.

rockford rcas are like 10 bucks on amazon. fk ebay bucks they only last a few months most of the times you never use it and its only a few cents to 1 or two bucks. I'd rather use a travel rewards cards and get real value with 2 day shipping on amazon prime and be done with it.

Right now there is an extra 8% going on so he would get some decent value out of them, and yes you have to use them within a month. Not everyone can have a rewards travel credit card or want a credit card. I have family that refuses to use a credit card or debit card to this day and any purchases they do online is strictly from the checking account. Last time I got eBay bucks it was 22 dollars for this past period, they do those extra 8-10% coupons a couple times a month so that is when I buy anything. I have used my eBay bucks every single time so yes they have some real value to people.

Also I have amazon prime at a discount so I do use that as well for some stuff as they are cheaper then eBay sometimes even with the extra bucks promotion. If that is the case then I order from amazon. Amazon has it's uses but so does eBay with their extra eBay bucks promotions like right now. Plus not everything is available through prime as you well know. Plus does it really matter waiting a extra day or 2 if the deal is better on eBay? Nope not to myself, what matters most to myself & lots of people is the total cost overall with shipping.

Last edited by a moderator:
The head unit is just for looks. the dayton DSP is your head unit. its going to make the biggest difference with a 4 channel if you actually read my long comment properly. Its literally how proper sound quality systems are made and designed.  Its more advanced some some cookie cutter mediocre tune and install stuff.

You also dont just match rms with the speaker, you always have way more than needed to prevent any chance of distortion or clipping.  An amp barely lifting a finger to power your stuff vs an amp that is redlined. Which one do you think provides cleaner sound? which runs cooler and lasts longer?  Again dont cheap out on power. 4 gauge power and ground and that pioneer and the dayton dsp.  

The infinity amp's bluetooth is gimmicky and junky. Looking into it is bluetooth 3.0 several generations behind we are at bluetooth 5.0 and aptx/aptx HD so its a lossy as fk audio transmission format. The amp also utilizes artifictial boosts in the clari-fi feature while giving you ZERO tuning functions absolutely zero. The dont even list what dac is used so its a crapshoot, judging from the price its not a high end one.  so its just a waste of time and the results you get is either mediocre or below mediocre, being two channel means you have to use the passive crossover on the morels and thats just like playing the lottery either the passive crossover works with your car or it doesn't  and when it doesn't you'll be playing the "lets swap out speakers like underwear" game and waste a sh*t ton of money getting sh*t results and blaming it all on the speaker's fault when its just a system design issue. 

The dayton DSP has audiophile grade internals with top of the line APTX bluetooth technology.  Dayton is well regarded in high quality audio community more than infinity which is just popular among mainstream joe blows. While the pioneer amp is amp dyno tested and proven as well to make more power than rated.
Ended up taking your suggestions and the install will be finished tomorrow--I got a look at it today, nearly finished, and it looks/sounds clean! Any suggestions for settings for the Dayton app (I listen to all sorts of music)? Thanks to all of you for your help and suggestions!

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.