Upgrade to new Audio System, completely new at this.

Participant count
  • Participant list

V365

NJ
I have a Hyundai Elantra 2001, haven't changed anything so everything is still stock(radio, speakers, etc.). I was looking to upgrade to get better sound. I am completely new to this so I need some info/recommendations. So far I read that I need to purchase 6-3/4" speakers. I found Polk Audio DB651 6.5-Inch Coaxial Speakers for 65.00 on Amazon (got pretty good reviews)

I don't know where to go from there, my budget is 200-400. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I have an iPod tape player that goes into the stock radio so that will be my main source for music.( I don't know if it is required to change the stock radio when upgrading sound system.)

Just about all aftermarket speakers sound better than stock.So just changing those will be a tremendous difference.The polks you chose are pretty good for the price,and for just a couple dollars more I found a pair of Infinity Kappa 652.91- 6.75" -150 rms per pair that are also great speakers!72.38 free shipping.Start with whatever you can afford to purchase and try to find the best for your money?/ Sounds like youre starting just fine...Nice choice,and you can always add an amp/amps/sub/subs, later and HU.Good price on polks as I was searching.

I am pretty sure that you can get the wiring harness from sonic electronics also to plug in to and add the radio you have prob around 20-25.00..depends where you get it.

I'm using a basic alpine head unit ( cde 100) and the alpine mini amp that you can add to alpine hus. It sounds very nice in my car and both with run you about 200$ leaving some spending money for new speakers.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.