Upgrade Sound System BMW F10 (2010)

Participant count
  • Participant list

dangermouse1206

CarAudio.com Newbie
Hi All,

New to this forum. I recently bought a 2010 BMW F10 which has the factory fitted base sound system. This sounds absolutely crap and ruins the enjoyment of driving the car. Looking for advice on what upgrade system other members in this forum have done who have a F10 BMW. To make the sound more exciting was an amp installed as well along with speakers. Which speaker system would members recommend ?

Hi All,

New to this forum. I recently bought a 2010 BMW F10 which has the factory fitted base sound system. This sounds absolutely crap and ruins the enjoyment of driving the car. Looking for advice on what upgrade system other members in this forum have done who have a F10 BMW. To make the sound more exciting was an amp installed as well along with speakers. Which speaker system would members recommend ?

People will want to know your budget and what you are looking for in a system. Also, what kind of music you listen to.

Hi, Thanks for the response. Budget would be around £1000 to £1500, as I have been told that the base system does not come with a separate amp but i sbuilt into the head unit, so to get a decent sound would need extensive rewiring. In terms of music, it tends to be modern rock and bollywood (which tends to have a higher treble sound).

A few people have mentioned that Audison speakers and amps would be a good fit for the car as they do ready made speakers that slot into the existing holes. Do you have an reviews of feedback on these speakers.

Appreciate your response on this.

Hi, Thanks for the response. Budget would be around £1000 to £1500, as I have been told that the base system does not come with a separate amp but i sbuilt into the head unit, so to get a decent sound would need extensive rewiring. In terms of music, it tends to be modern rock and bollywood (which tends to have a higher treble sound).

A few people have mentioned that Audison speakers and amps would be a good fit for the car as they do ready made speakers that slot into the existing holes. Do you have an reviews of feedback on these speakers.

How much money is that in U.S. dollars?

Focals would do nice on Bollywood music. Find a 100 to 150 watts rms x 4 channel amp and just swap out the front mid and tweeter. Not sure what kind of dsp options you have but it might be over your budget to do so but its well worth it

How much money is that in U.S. dollars?
It actually wouldn't matter, europe has different pricing, import fees etc... Whatever we know pricing wise over here does not translate to EU market. Car audio over there is way more expensive with way crappier options for the money. Anything they buy out of their country is subjected to high import taxes as well as ridiculous shipping

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.