Upgrade Nissan Maxima

IM1THE2KING3
10+ year member

Hello all,

I'm looking to upgrade the GFs vehicle.

It is a 2005 Nissan Maxima SE.

We currently have a LOC, 4gauge(probably not true 4), 2 kicker 12s sealed(separate enclosures) powered by a jl 500/1

It is just not doing it for us, the bass is minimum especially after the dampening of the rear seats and quality of the vehicle.

We are looking to upgrade with minimum investment; after selling what we have $xxx.xx plus apprx. $250 in pocket to work with.

She wants to keep some trunk(its a deep trunk)

Looking for something with aggressive bass as sound quality is obsolete since it will be in the trunk and the rest of the system will fill in.

The issue is with a ported or bandpass box it usually requires a great deal of space.

We are NOT wanting to replace the headunit for a number of reasons.

Hit me with some recommendations or if you know of anything good selling used, that fits my desires.

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Well as stated I want to stay away from a massive enclosure.

I was actually thinking more along the lines of a different setup overall.

I have heard good things about new smaller subs, perhaps smaller sub in a ported enclosure will reduce space.

I'm open to ideas really. If no one sees a need to upgrade equipment then I guess I wont.

After thinking it over I've decided I want to do an entire system upgrade.

I'm open to equipment suggestions, she is not a advanced audio fanatic so nothing over the top.

If you have any equipment for sale or know of any screaming good deals LMK.

Looking to upgrade everything except still trying to avoid changing headunit.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.