Upgrade help- what's next for this setup?

Well, I'll go out on a limb and say there are two opinions here //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gifFirst- clean sweep plus another full featured DSP- is that right? Big bonus with this route is it preserves all the OEM Sync features right?

Second- aftermarket head unit. Far less expensive but is there any way to preserve Sync and steering wheel features this way?
Audison Bit. You don't need a clean sweep. It does that job

Or find a MS-8 and find heaven

You can see if I-data link has a kit but you will end up spending more and won't get as good results by far

Please just stop posting on stuff you know nothing about.
so tell me how you can possibly take an inferior processing unit and by adding a more capable unit make the ORIGINAL conversion from analog to digital back to analog better?

like upscaling to 1080 from 720 as compared to a 1080 encoded signal.

that's like saying your going to take 480p upscale it to 1080 and the signal will be BETTER than a camera that records in 1080 and sends the signal to the same TV capiable of displaying the 1080 signal

A big concern about using an aftermarket head unit is losing the touchscreen with nav, back up cam, etc etc etc.
im not trying to be a ****. losisatool know his ****. of course we disagree often but he knows his ****. he has a great sounding system and can help you out. i just disagree on somethings. after all he is winning the trophies..

to answer your question the new head units do all of that. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif'

i do agree you will have MUCH more control over the system with a factory unit and a good aftermarket processor VS a standalone h/u and that's what hes getting at but your always going to be limited by the cheap factory h/u capability to accurately encode/decode the information.

I appreciate all that. It's two different conversations but about the same thing. I know I have to compromise because money is an object and so are the OEM features. Ford has done some really cool stuff though (Sync emails reports to me about the major engine components. oil change times etc). I'm leaning towards keeping it even though it's gonna cost maybe $600 more.

If only there were a way to keep the OEM features, mainly Sync, with an aftermarket headunit- I'd do it in a heartbeat. Head units are cheap.

Well, I'll go out on a limb and say there are two opinions here //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gifFirst- clean sweep plus another full featured DSP- is that right? Big bonus with this route is it preserves all the OEM Sync features right?

Second- aftermarket head unit. Far less expensive but is there any way to preserve Sync and steering wheel features this way?
The Cleansweep factory audio system interface is discontinued. The TwK interface is what you want.

Ok thanks for the clarification. No MS-8s showing up on ebay, will keep looking though. Is the Core-1 comparable?
Put The JL TwK box ahead of Core-1 and you have a good foundation. Note that if you have a center dash speaker Core-1 does nothing to correctly derive a center signal. I've had Core-1 since its release and it sounds great for my needs.

Audison Bit 10 apparently does both- cleans and processes. $390 roughly. Their DRC sell for $140, so $530 plus installation.

JL Audio FiX-82 is $330. There's a DRC, $50, and it looks like it does the same as the Bit 10 DRC, mabye, hard to say. So that's $380 plus install.

The TwK doesn't exist on their website- hard to find mention of it anywhere but the Fix-82 doesn't need it as far as I can decipher. Found a photo on google but not much else.

I like these numbers a lot better than the Bit One.

So is this a case where it doesn't make sense to be cheap? The difference is not gonna kill me. Any votes on Audison over JL Audio?

Audison Bit 10 apparently does both- cleans and processes. $390 roughly. Their DRC sell for $140, so $530 plus installation. JL Audio FiX-82 is $330. There's a DRC, $50, and it looks like it does the same as the Bit 10 DRC, mabye, hard to say. So that's $380 plus install.

The TwK doesn't exist on their website- hard to find mention of it anywhere but the Fix-82 doesn't need it as far as I can decipher. Found a photo on google but not much else.

I like these numbers a lot better than the Bit One.

So is this a case where it doesn't make sense to be cheap? The difference is not gonna kill me. Any votes on Audison over JL Audio?
The FiX IS NOT A FULL DSP. It only corrects EQ and T/A.

The Bit is a full blown software based DSP.

Whatever sucker that buys the Fix will still need a DSP after it.

Man... you gotta dig deep to get this information. JL- they don't even list the TwKTM System Tuning DSP on their website. Found it mentioned waaaaaay at the bottom of the information on the Fix. Read somewhere that the Fix did have DSP functionality but obviously it doesn't. So this makes the decision easier because the Bit 10 does both things I need it to do. Thanks for the help.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.