Upgrade - FI SSD 15"

Get the dsc do not get the newer ones
Alright - Ill go with the DSC 1000.1 Mono, its about $150.

Now what type of wire? As the guy said above, 1/0 awg? As everything else, i'm pretty clueless on what kind of wire/brand ect. Gage and all of that.

Ive seen pics where the DSC amps seem superior in build. I run the newer Onx4.125 for a 4 channel and it does well. Go for the DSC if you can find one, they do look beefy.

I appreciate it man - I'm going to go with that wire on Ebay, the DSC 1000.1 quart and the fi ssd 15" sub. Appreciate all of you help man.

---------- Post added at 03:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:10 PM ----------

Ive seen pics where the DSC amps seem superior in build. I run the newer Onx4.125 for a 4 channel and it does well. Go for the DSC if you can find one, they do look beefy.
Yeah, everyone saying go with the DSC rather than Onx - Appreciate the feedback man.

Alright - Im about to buy the DSC 1000.1, I saw on there it said it requires 4 gauge, Will 1/0 Gauge not fit? Or does it matter, it's just saying 'requires 4 gauge'
you you ever plan on upgrading your system or running a separate 4 channel

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Audio-Technix-4ga-Gauge-GA-Flexible-OFC-Complete-Amp-Install-Kit-/110923664592?pt=US_Car_Audio_Video_Amplifier_Kits&hash=item19d390ccd0

you can go ofc 4 gauge but i would rather spend the extra 10 bucks and gaurentee the power needed for now or future upgrades like putting in a highs amp etc so you dont have to run another wire

you you ever plan on upgrading your system or running a separate 4 channel
Audio Technix 4ga Gauge GA Flexible OFC Complete Amp Install Kit | eBay

you can go ofc 4 gauge but i would rather spend the extra 10 bucks and gaurentee the power needed for now or future upgrades like putting in a highs amp etc so you dont have to run another wire
Right, I know that. But will the 1/0 gauge wire be 'too thick' to fit into the amp, thats what im asking. I just saw 4 gauge and wasn't sure if 1/0 would work.

yes just trim the wire down so that it fits, wire is made up of small strands just cut the strands down untill the 0 gauge fits in the 4 gauge. you can buy reducers but just as easy to cut down
Stinger SPT521

Alright, ill just do that. Ill probably get the 0 gauge kit you sent me in the above post. I think it was like $70-80.

---------- Post added at 08:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:51 PM ----------

Nevermind. It is only $60.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.