Upgrade Alternator

Ebay is a good place but often doesn't have everything. I personally ordered my alternator through Mralternator.com. That is a really good site, and all of the alts come with a lifetime warrentee. They are also cheaper than just about anything else as well.

i've got my system running from a 5-farad stinger cap. It's powereed by a stinger battery, which is used only for this reason(Yes, i got 2 batteries).

Is there any reason to change my alternator??

Originally posted by nln327 i've got my system running from a 5-farad stinger cap. It's powereed by a stinger battery, which is used only for this reason(Yes, i got 2 batteries).

Is there any reason to change my alternator??
upgradeing you alt will supply your batteries and amps with more current

I went to my local shop and they said for $200 they wound upgrade my 105A alt. to a 180A and 80A @ idel. This was better thay any deal I have found. Check your local shops and see what they can do.

So a new alternator that gives out more current.....will give more current to my audio equipment.

So does this added current help in the performance of my audio equipment?? Will the sound quality be better?? Will i get more DB's from upgrading the alternator??

Thanks

Originally posted by nln327 So a new alternator that gives out more current.....will give more current to my audio equipment.

So does this added current help in the performance of my audio equipment?? Will the sound quality be better?? Will i get more DB's from upgrading the alternator??

Thanks
yes a LARGER alternator will produce more current into the system, it will definatly make a difference, but Sound quality will not be affected, but Sound Pressure Level or SPL will, with more current you can produce more power and more power means more SPL //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

okay im gonna go with the 150 amp alternator for the honda from ebay. I checked his feeback and 99 percent is positive. My question now is do you think i can install it myself? Is it worth the money to pay someone to do it?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.