Update on my project silverado

**UPDATE 8-8-06**

Got a lot of the interior gutted today

P8080146.jpg

P8080151.jpg

Look at that disgusting carpet. Ugh

P8080150.jpg

P8080152.jpg

I don't even want to know what that somewhat-white padding stuff is supposed to be. I'm guessing some sound deadening material. Either way, it absorbed some disgusting red-colored liquid. Luckily that moisture didn't eat through the floorboards.

P8080154.jpg

And lastly, this is what a grade 8 bolt does to a somewhat weaker torx bit. (i was trying to get the seatbelts out).

P8080149.jpg

I'm still amazed at how solid this truck is. The floor is absolutely PRISTINE. Barely any surface rust.

**** tommy you cleaned out your shiznit
Yeah, i felt the need to do some work on it since I really haven't done much to it in the past year. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

Those seatbelt bolts are a pain to get out.

The stuff on the end is commonly referred to as " gorilla snot"

Does the thing even run yet ?

Those seatbelt bolts are a pain to get out.The stuff on the end is commonly referred to as " gorilla snot"

Does the thing even run yet ?
Not running yet. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

so, it was running long enough for you dad to peel out in it, and now its not running anymore?
It was running until my dad got wire cutter happy on a GPS-tracking thing that was in the truck. He removed the brain and the backup battery, but failed to remove a relay thats buried in the dash somewhere. That's most likely the culprit.

Them **** bolts are a pain the ass. I should know, I have a Tahoe, and there are about 4x as many in there as are in your pickup //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/mad.gif.c18f003ab0ef8a0d9c27ca78d77a6392.gif

The Tahoe is currently stripped as well, I was planning on a new system but ran out of money and do not want to continue screwing up the little plastic door panel holders. If I can get some cheap sound deadensing, I will a least put the doors back on.

Yeah I did an Install on a truck almost exactly like that right before I came back down to Baton Rouge for college. Those bolts were a pain. I ended up getting like a 4 foot piece of aluminum pipe and used it for a cheater pipe. You should of seen my boss's face when He saw me "rowing" (thats what it looked like...like rowing a boat) with that pipe He fell on the floor laughing. Anyways nice looking progress Tommy.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.