Unhappy with box/setup. why?

Kastlez_
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
Bay Area, CA
I've tried many spots in my trunk with this box and this is where its loudest. Should i have another box designed because i dont like the way it sounds at all. The bass seems to be more punchy than deep or smooth sound. Port firing into the cabin is out of the question i've tried this more than once and it's definitely not louder for my car.

I will soon be deadening the trunk because outside the car all that can be heard is the loud tumping from the trunk.

p.s. My sub even on 1400w barely moves and i'm thinking its because of the box "choking" it somehow any ideas?

3.7cubes @ around 32hz (Sub back port back)

15" FI BL

1400w running to it

IMG_1772.jpg

IMG_1820.jpg

what frequency is it tuned at?
sorry, its around 32hz

when i play songs with notes around that frequency it sounds good but any higher notes sound like crap. just noise

any sound deadener?
None. I wanted to do the trunk lid but i couldnt find help for that.

Box seems to be fine. Sealed it up really well when i built it

agreed. how big is the space between the sub and the rear of the trunk?

seems like little air flow will allow sound to travel around and make its way to the cabbin.

there for - all its going to do is rattle your trunk.

sound deadining the trunk will help alot. - also experement with box position. -

try it facing the rear seat - see what it does - its free. - just move the box around.

try it with the box as far left or right as you can get it. move it around until it sounds best.

then do sound deadining in your trunk to stop rattles. it helps a ton.

if you are mad broke - get a razorblade and an old towell. cut the towell to strips and shove strips of towell in the parts of your trunk lid to prevent the ribs from rattling the trunk skin.

keep looking around for areas that are making rattles and fix acordingly.

I had about 100 or so spots on my corvette that were giving off rattles. - I used peal and seal from home depo ( its roofing patch rubber stick paper ) and had to line alot of stuff with it.

no more rattles = clean sounds.

agreed. how big is the space between the sub and the rear of the trunk?seems like little air flow will allow sound to travel around and make its way to the cabbin.

there for - all its going to do is rattle your trunk.

sound deadining the trunk will help alot. - also experement with box position. -

try it facing the rear seat - see what it does - its free. - just move the box around.

try it with the box as far left or right as you can get it. move it around until it sounds best.

then do sound deadining in your trunk to stop rattles. it helps a ton.

if you are mad broke - get a razorblade and an old towell. cut the towell to strips and shove strips of towell in the parts of your trunk lid to prevent the ribs from rattling the trunk skin.

keep looking around for areas that are making rattles and fix acordingly.

I had about 100 or so spots on my corvette that were giving off rattles. - I used peal and seal from home depo ( its roofing patch rubber stick paper ) and had to line alot of stuff with it.

no more rattles = clean sounds.

I've moved the box around quite a bit even fired it into the cabin. Thing is my trunk isnt FLAT so it doesnt fit everywhere. believe it or not i have about 2 inches in the back to spare and maybe 3-4 in the front of the box.

but... If i push my box any farther back it completely cuts off the airflow into the car because the box is so big. I think i just need a new box or something ported into the cabin //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif

my sub's and port are no more then 3'' from the back of my trunk lid in my acura integra.. 4 cu ft of box in a 4.5 cu ft trunk hahaha!

it sounds great and get's pretty loud... i want to try a new box design and fire the sub's up even.... but for right now this works good..

i know if i fire the sub's into the cab or even off the back window it will get louder...

but for right now it bangs..

did you take out the rear dash stock speakers?

that will help the bass vent into the cabin possibly getting rid of some rattles

but you really need to go through your car and add deadener wherever it rattles

thats no toy sub you have. its not gonna sound nice with some quick install

did you take out the rear dash stock speakers?
that will help the bass vent into the cabin possibly getting rid of some rattles

but you really need to go through your car and add deadener wherever it rattles

thats no toy sub you have. its not gonna sound nice with some quick install
I haven't attempted to remove the rear deck speakers.

honestyly nothing rattles too badly at all just my rearview mirror and the rear deck itself which should be easy fixes... along with the rear Glass (which i have no clue how to fix)

ORIGINAL POST UPDATED

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.