Under-rated @ 600w...

Chappie
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Regular
US
So, if the SKAR VVXs are considered underrated at 600w RMS, what do you guys think would be a good amount of power to give them daily?

I plan on buying 1 15" sub, and throwing it in a box that's giving the sub 3.0-3.2 cubic feet of space.

Also get an amp that does 1k at 2ohms that is because after voltage loss, box rise, and so on you will not get that much power going to it.

you can cure alot of that issue of rise with, big 3 upgrade, direct leads to sub (no terminals or cups) and upgrade to a better agm battery under hood. that will cut your rise big time.. i have done the testing and just thoughs 3 things cut voltage loss and ohm rise in half if not more.

I put a DAT2500.1 @ 1ohm to the pair of my VVX 10s daily they handled it fine never got stinky, Just be careful with your gain and stay clip free you should get away 1k maybe a little more a piece.

I think the BRZ is a great match for the Skar's, it doesn't push rated, but in this case that's a good thing.
And do you have proof that the BRZ does not do rated or are you just hating on hifonics like most?

And do you have proof that the BRZ does not do rated or are you just hating on hifonics like most?
Likely he is stating that bc he hears it around, Ive owned the BRZ2400.1 and it was a very solid amp esp. for the price point although i never clamped it, it was very powerful and i loved it.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Chappie

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Regular
Chappie
US
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date