Ultra Subs PRM-12 - Limited Run!

Participant count
  • Participant list

keep_hope_alive
Premium Member

Acoustics Engineer
Review of Ultra Subs PRM-12:

I got this up from @Vertex Audio

I am currently running the A-12 and this sub is an evolution of that one. Everything about it is beefier.

Let's start with some pictures.

UltrasubLA12008.jpg

UltraLA12002.jpg

UltraLA12004.jpg

UltraLA12001.jpg

UltrasubLA12003.jpg

UltraLA12003.jpg

and some T/S measurements
UltraLA12Coil1.jpg

UltraLA12Coil2.jpg

This will replace the A-12 in the car currently and I will report back as soon as I do. Overall, I think this is a decent offering. I will get some side-by-side pics when I pull the A-12 out. My application will be IB.

Hit up @Vertex Audio for more info and pricing.

When putting this sub in, the need to re-do the carpeting around the IB wall was very apparent. Please excuse the carpeting, it's on the to-do list. The hole is perfectly cut and the baffle is 2-1/4" thick. I think i'd be better off with vinyl here.

IMG_20130521_241323_960.jpg

AccordUltra016.jpg

AccordUltra017.jpg

When I am not in a rush to get to work, I will re-wire this so it looks properly done. I'm slightly embarrassed to even show these pics.
AccordUltra006.jpg

A comparison between the A-12 and the PRV-12

AccordUltra005.jpg

AccordUltra004.jpg

AccordUltra002.jpg

some new decals to represent @Vertex Audio

AccordUltra012.jpg

AccordUltra010.jpg

i'll take some new pics when i fix the carpeting and clean the car. i'll try to get the decals a bit more in focus. :)

So you like these ultra subs? I looked into them about a year ago but passed on them for some reason I cannot recall. Maybe I should be taking another look at these.

So you like these ultra subs? I looked into them about a year ago but passed on them for some reason I cannot recall. Maybe I should be taking another look at these.
I reviewed the A-12 and this PRM-12. I still have both. I've also worked with their LV series in a 10" that is still running today. The LV series is awesome. The A series is **** good, and the sub I will continue to use. the latest PRM series is beefy in its construction and seems to be for higher output in lieu of SQ in an IB wall. Maybe it will be happier in a true enclosure. Between the two, i will use the A-series in my SQ build, but I would run a LV series without hesitation.

Interesting review, thank You! And I love the idea of sub placement between the back seats, I haven't seen this before but I love it! Does the sub sounds goood without a box and all that trunk space?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

keep_hope_alive

Premium Member
Acoustics Engineer
keep_hope_alive
Quad Cities, IL
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies