Ultimate bass demo/competition vehicle

Participant count
  • Participant list

Vogey84

CarAudio.com Recruit
mn
This nothing more then being bored. With all the time effort and money people spend reinforcing there vehicles to stiffen every thing up in hopes of containing the bass and getting every last dB. Why hasn't anyone ever started with something ready reinforced? I've seen a few armored vans over the years you could pick up a old f650 armored van with bullet proof rear, doors, windshield diesel powered easily turning as many alternators that'd fit under the cavernous hood. I'd think it would be a hell of a head start

Two reasons I can think of:
1) Bass is like horsepower. You set goals, then raise them as you meet them. I never expected my single 15" on 1500w to grown into three 15's on 5kw, but my build grew over time. It's easier to spend a few bucks at a time verses the initial price of a vehicle more suited for the task.

2) "Built, not bought."

There would still be significant modifications and building if one went this route unless you just bought it and threw a prefab box in back with couple of boss subs lol. To still be able to declare bu8ilt not bought. While the majority of bass enthusiasts follow the same arc as you (my self included). I'm sure there are those who plan the build from ground up including the vehicle. Idk I can't imagine I'm the only one who's thought a armored transport would Make a hell of a bass van lol

Good luck. Let us know what the cost of maintenance is to keep one of those on the road. Also post pics of whatever tow rig + trailer you have to get that to shows.

I’ve seen people start off with waffle like full metal cages welded in before they start a massive wall. A lot of people don’t know how loud their stuff is until they do it, so a lot of people seem to play catch up. Like they do a wall or something, then they realize how serious it is, and then they start doing upgrades to keep more pressure in the vehicle.

If you start off with a commercial vehicle, it's not legal to compete in any normal class, in any Org. That is a big reason why.
There is only so far you can go with mods like that in any given class, before you end up in the next class up, or in an extreme class.

I had no idea a commercial vehicle would mess with the class (not that I know literally anything about competitions) as for cost of maintenance it's actually not much more then a regular 3/4-1 ton. Depending on how far you go it itself would tow just about anything you'd ever want it to. (Dunno why I'm defending the idea lol)

This nothing more then being bored. With all the time effort and money people spend reinforcing there vehicles to stiffen every thing up in hopes of containing the bass and getting every last dB. Why hasn't anyone ever started with something ready reinforced? I've seen a few armored vans over the years you could pick up a old f650 armored van with bullet proof rear, doors, windshield diesel powered easily turning as many alternators that'd fit under the cavernous hood. I'd think it would be a hell of a head start

This truck did a 177.1 db. I don't even think that people can sit in it.

Screenshot_20210928-044612_Gallery.jpg

I think the highest you can maybe withstand is low 160’s, maybe mid 160’s at absolute highest. I forget but 177 I’m pretty sure will hurt you badly.

I've sat in a Tahoe with 6 -18's with 9K on each of them and it was just getting tuned and it was hard to breathe. The kick bass was punishing.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...