U.S. acoustics USB-4085

stealth191

Ok, I'd like to get this amp to power a pair of kappa dash plates rated at 60w and the kappa components rated at 90w. This amp (rated at 85w x4) seems perfect for the components but it would be more than 20w "overpowered" for the dash speakers. I was just wondering if that is too much or if it's ok...

your fine. i have a 4065 powering infinity refrence 4x6 plates and there rated at 40 rms and i put 65+ to them no problem at all. i would recommend however is to get some 150 hz bass blockers to put on them speakers. i put those on mine and i can crank up the volume with no signs of trouble. bass blockers only cost $10 and are easy to put on. go ahead with that amp and speakers it will sound great.

just plunk the $10 out for them right now! fall into peer pressure! on them us acoustics they have a setting where you can set the crossover to flat and it just amplifying the frequencies from your headunit so you adjust frequencies on your headunit instead of the amp. i like using the flat response better seems easier to tune but if you don't use them i wouldn't recommend going under 125 hz to them speakers

just plunk the $10 out for them right now! fall into peer pressure! on them us acoustics they have a setting where you can set the crossover to flat and it just amplifying the frequencies from your headunit so you adjust frequencies on your headunit instead of the amp. i like using the flat response better seems easier to tune but if you don't use them i wouldn't recommend going under 125 hz to them speakers
First, aren't they like 8 bucks a piece? so thats 16 bucks and the amp and the HU most likely already have those features built in. Use what you have.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.