TYPE X Vs. FI Q

HardCoreSound
10+ year member

Wide Reciever Brap
Hey,

I basically narrowed down my choices two of one of these subs. Im looking for the sub that gets louder and has good SQ as well. The only reason I'm asking is to see if anyone here has had hands on experience with both of these subs and whcih they prefer. I have used the search button, and have found great things on both. If these two were to go heads up though, which would you pick. Thank you, //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/yumyum.gif.0556df42231b304b9c995aefd13928a8.gif .

You wont be dissapointed with either. I do not have hands on experience with the Q so I cannot comment on it. But a friend of mine/Forum Member, owns a Type X. And every box we cram that thing in it gets decently loud, and sounds great. Its been in, 1.7 @ 35, 2. @ 34, 1.8 sealed, and 0.6 Sealed. worked great in all of those boxes.

Ive got one and love it (type-x). Its a very ineffecent sub though. There is alot out there that would top it SPL wise at the same power (hence the 83bd sensitivity) which is why im adding a second, but dont get me wrong it gets loud enough to hurt feelings in my 2.4' box. Makes my hair shake. The sq is amazing. If clarity and accuracy mean more to you than being heard three blocks away, this is the sub for you.

Then i think you could get more with another sub. Dont get me wrong, one of these things hurts my ears when i put on rap running just 1000w, but for the money you could get more. L7s, type-rs, whatever your into. I think that the Xs are some of the best sounding subs ive ever heard, but you gotta buy your subs based on what you like.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.