type r 15

Ohioguy
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
house
im not into competition plus my system would get blown out of the water by many others. im not expecting anything high really. but im curious. what do you think a type r 15 in a sealed box at 1500 watts is pushing? my guess is around 100-115 db. your thought?

Well the type R doesn't like sealed boxes too much, i'd port it if I were you. Just watch the gains with 1500 watts at hand and you'll be ok. You can't really determine how many dbs you're gonna hit by just thinking of the system. There are too many factors. But if you want to just guess, you'll hit a lot more than that I hope.

i would guess 140 db's possible. depends on the car/truck

i agree about the ported box. follow apline specs for size.

Throw the sealed out and build a proper ported box for them... With 1500w daily you will be approaching the limits for the 15 daily, so just be careful with the gains and volume knob.

Ouch man, that's double what that sub is rated at...I had the 12" version (rated at 500) and gave them 600 and they got stanky! Like others have said, take it easy with the volume or you'll smoke that bad boy.

im not into competition plus my system would get blown out of the water by many others. im not expecting anything high really. but im curious. what do you think a type r 15 in a sealed box at 1500 watts is pushing? my guess is around 100-115 db. your thought?
wtf?

with that setup alone I bet your doing mid 130's

i keep my gain maybe 1/3 of the way up, the bass boost maybe halfway up if even. doesnt stink or anything. i heard these subs can handle way more than theyre rated and they rate them so low for insurance purposes. i mean yea no one can really tell exact numbers but i was looking for a range. i went sealed because ported wouldnt really fit inside my grand am. i have very little room to work with.

I've run type r 15s in as low as 3.5ft3 ported, would think you'd have more room than that in your trunk. Btw did u just set your gains like that or did u actually set them up properly?? Bass boost is a big no no, especially when going significantly over rated power. Read out gain setting tutorial if u didn't set them up properly.

i dont have a dmm so i turned the bass boost all the way down and raised the gained until i heard what i thought was clipping. then turned the bass boost a 1/4 of the way up. i do have more room than that in my trunk, but the thing is getting it in. if i go from the back i only have 16''h x 22''w and if i go through the front its less than that. i think my next box will have to be built in the trunk.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.