Type R 10s or Shiva 12s with JBL 1200.1?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Russcat
10+ year member

Al
I am getting a new system and I am definately getting a JBL 1200.1.I just need to know if I should get 2 Alpine Type R 10s ($200 shipped) or 2 Adire Shivas ($230 shipped).I would like to have the Shivas since they can take all the 1200 watts and the Alpines cant.I really dont wanna wire the Type Rs to 4 ohms when I could be using all that extra power with the Shivas.I am also looking at the RE SE 10s but they havnt e-mailed me back with a price yet.I just wanted to see what you guys think cause I really dont have a lot of experience with any of these subs.Thanks.

RE ***** @ email IMO. I emailed them askin for what a price quote would be for 4 10''s shipped to my zip and they haven't emailed me back.. after 2 weeks or so. Give em a ringa-ding-ding. I'd probably go for the Adires though //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Well they e-mailed me back about the SE 10s and they are only 80 bucks each shipped.I read on here that a JBL 1200.1 wouldnt be good for them cause it dont have a subsonic filter or something like that.So what other 1200 watt amps are there for under $300?

to much power for the shivas, a good match for two shivas would be hifonics 1000D or any amp that produces around 300-500 total watts @ 2ohms (the hifonics would be a little much even IMO but you can adust the gain on it )

you don't much to make shivas and tempest talk and the power rating that adire gives is thermal not mechanical

Well I think Ive almost made up my mind.I thought about the how the 1200.1 would probably kill my electrical system.So I think Ive pretty much decided on the Se 10s and a JBL 600.1 .I wanna put them in the ported box they have specs for on the RE site.Does this sound good or would the Shiva's be a better choice?I mostly listen to metal though,thats why I want 10s.I loved my kicker comp vr 10s and my audiobahn 600 watt amp until someone stole them.But hopefully this will pound harder.Thanks for all the feedback,I dont know anything about the "underground" brands except for what I read on here and you guys seem to know what you are talking about.

i mostly listen to stuff such as godsmack 90's alternative and metal ... i have tempest if that gives you any indication of what i think about 10 vs 12s vs 15s issue ... non issue with the tempest

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.