Two SE12s, AQ in an Escape.

Just following through with the wiring. Currently I was running one run of 4 gauge of walmart wire, and that meant an 8 gauge ground... lol so today i added my 4 gauge of hyperflex. Now i have two runs of 4 and a 4 and 8 for ground. I used to drop to 12.5 at full tilt... today i could turn it one notch higher w/o clipping and lowest it dropped was 13.8 //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif So I'm happy.

Ordered a set of RSD 6.5"s and I'll put those in whenever they get here. Pix

resized-IMG_0763.jpg

resized-IMG_0764.jpg

resized-IMG_0765.jpg

resized-IMG_0766.jpg

resized-IMG_0767.jpg

resized-IMG_0769.jpg

resized-IMG_0771.jpg

resized-IMG_0755.jpg

I'm really liking how everything is coming out and it's looking really nice, considering the systems i've seen around here. When I take out my RE coax, i think im gonna try to do a fiberglass enclosure for them hanging from the back of the ceiling, that should be fun.

Vids are in the post before this, lemme know what you guys think.

Got my RSDs today, I know the fad is over, but better late then never //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif. They're my first set of components as well, so im pretty excited. Still figuring out where im going to put the tweeter, most likely going to end up in the sail panel. Anyway, heres some pics to look at if youd like.

resized-IMG_0806.jpg

resized-IMG_0810.jpg

resized-IMG_0815.jpg

resized-IMG_0817.jpg

resized-IMG_0822.jpg

resized-IMG_0825.jpg

resized-IMG_0831.jpg

resized-IMG_0838.jpg

resized-IMG_0840.jpg

Got my RSDs today, I know the fad is over, but better late then never //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif. They're my first set of components as well, so im pretty excited. Still figuring out where im going to put the tweeter, most likely going to end up in the sail panel.
If I were you I would just put them inside the doors if you don't ever really plan to go active. However, if you ever think you are gonna go active, I would just run 2 sets of wires for each side from the doors to the back and mount the x-overs in the back next to the amps. Then if you want to ever go active you are already wired to do so. I guess it doesn't take too long to take panels back off and run more wires, but I just like to futureproof my system when I do it, that way I take off minimal panels as possible as it always seems like when you take panels off you loose a clip or something and it never fits back exactly how you got it... just my .02!!

Anyways, what amp you gonna run those RSD's off of?

If I were you I would just put them inside the doors if you don't ever really plan to go active. However, if you ever think you are gonna go active, I would just run 2 sets of wires for each side from the doors to the back and mount the x-overs in the back next to the amps. Then if you want to ever go active you are already wired to do so. I guess it doesn't take too long to take panels back off and run more wires, but I just like to futureproof my system when I do it, that way I take off minimal panels as possible as it always seems like when you take panels off you loose a clip or something and it never fits back exactly how you got it... just my .02!!
Anyways, what amp you gonna run those RSD's off of?
Ok thats definitely an idea! My friend has a set of JL comps with the tweet, same car, and it sound great so thats why i figured they go there. im gonna play with it though. I have a Powerbass 600.4 for power, 100x4 RMS and a little more. What exactly is active and can i do it now, or does it require more xovers?

if you dont mind me asking, how much did you pick those components up for?
$69.95 //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif great price!

Ok thats definitely an idea! My friend has a set of JL comps with the tweet, same car, and it sound great so thats why i figured they go there. im gonna play with it though. I have a Powerbass 600.4 for power, 100x4 RMS and a little more. What exactly is active and can i do it now, or does it require more xovers?
What head unit are you running? Active would require you to either buy an external processor, or you need to just get an alpine 9887 or pioneer 880prs. Once you have one of those headunits, you can get rid of the passive crossovers that came with your comps and you will use the h/u as the xover. You can adjust the xover points, slopes, t/a, etc. to really make it sound the best that it can. You will also need the 4 ch amp that you have, and you will run one speaker off each channel, 2 tweets and 2 mids.

What head unit are you running? Active would require you to either buy an external processor, or you need to just get an alpine 9887 or pioneer 880prs. Once you have one of those headunits, you can get rid of the passive crossovers that came with your comps and you will use the h/u as the xover. You can adjust the xover points, slopes, t/a, etc. to really make it sound the best that it can. You will also need the 4 ch amp that you have, and you will run one speaker off each channel, 2 tweets and 2 mids.
oh ok, dang, i have an alpine 9883... lol how much do external processors cost? I'll most likely stay passive for now, but just curious.

oh ok, dang, i have an alpine 9883... lol how much do external processors cost? I'll most likely stay passive for now, but just curious.
http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductID=13928

That's the first one I pulled up, i have heard it's a pretty good one, but I really don't know a whole lot about external crossover/processors so maybe someone else can chime in a bit, but not too bad for $140, and I'm sure if you look around, maybe classifieds, you could find it under $100

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

netzero

10+ year member
USMC
netzero
Columbia, SC
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date